19. the jig is up

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽𓁺☾

     I watch as the ceiling tiles move like a conveyer belt, only realizing that I've been being dragged once I'm let go and my head flings back to the floor. Jackson's scale-covered face flashes through my vision briefly before he walks away, leaving me there. My ears are ringing so intensely that it hurts, my head pounding and sending a sharp ache through my skull with each beat of my heart. I swallow dryly, trying to get up. A fiery, excruciating pain causes me to stop. I feel like I've been ripped in half. I prop myself up enough to examine the area, pulling my jacket up. The stretchy fabric of the dress has a frayed, finger-sized hole in the middle of it, just below my ribcage, blood gushing out of it like a faucet.

Holy fuck, I think. He really shot me.

The thought brings a small burst of adrenaline, and I use it to drag my body half a foot backwards, leaning my shoulders against Stilinski's desk. I scan the room and my eyes land on Derek and Stiles, their lips both moving rapidly as they try to speak to me—or to each other, I guess, but still all I hear is muffled mumbo-jumbo. Each breathe I take hurts so badly that I don't even want to take another one. My shaky hands, somehow already stained red, reach for the wound, brushing against it lightly. Yep. That's really there.

My mom's words ring through my head. Apply pressure. Tears leak from my eyes, limiting my vision further. I slowly and unsteadily yank the zipper of Stiles' jacket down, whimpering as I pull it off. I wrap it around my body, attempting to cover both the entrance and the exit wound with the fabric, and tie it tightly. Then, as if someone snapped their fingers, my hearing comes back.

"I'm gonna kill him, I swear I'm gonna kill him," Derek is muttering angrily. I turn my head back toward them, and their eyes light up as they realize I can hear them now. I notice Derek has his own class burrowed into his leg.

Another gunshot rings through the building, and my mom screams. "Mom," I choke out, trying to get up without thinking.

Although we both know the attempt was futile anyway, Derek stops me. "He didn't shoot your mom. She's fine, she's okay. Sit down, please."

I sigh in relief as I ease myself back into position, the movements causing me to feel dizzy. "I'm not feeling too good, guys."

"Try to use me to heal," Derek says, but both of us remember what happened at the pool—what I had needed more than anything in that moment was a bit of his super strength to keep us afloat, and despite my best efforts, it never came. The kanima venom, while not working as a paralytic for me, must somehow prohibit my ability to leach off of its victims.