2. it's dangerous out there

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽𓁺☾

     Derek is able to produce little to no explanation for what happened. "I'm just happy you're okay," is what he said, but really, can we say that for sure when don't have the whole picture? Him and Scott say my scent has changed, but not to a scent similar to their own. Not to a wolf scent. Derek says that that twinge of difference that made me stand out to him and Peter in the first place is no longer a twinge of difference—it's nearly my whole scent now. But the humanity is still there, too. Scott and Derek agreed—for once—that until we know for sure what's going on, we should assume that I will shift on the full moon in a few days, just to play it safe. I can't believe it, but I almost wish Peter were alive to offer an explanation. He seemed to know what was going to happen. I wish he had told me what he meant by "underdeveloped."

It's scary, because truthfully, I don't feel much different. I mean, I feel better now that my wounds have healed, obviously, and I guess I can say that overall I feel a bit more energized. I still feel human, though. But I know that's not true. One: it's unheard of to be immune—although technically we still aren't sure what the hell is going on with Lydia either. And two: Peter knew this would happen. He knew things would work differently for me, yet he still wanted to bite me. It has to play into his agenda somehow—I must hold some type of power or ability, or he wouldn't have wasted his energy on it. I'm thinking the same conclusion will hold true for Lydia as well.

Scott and Stiles left again after a long (long) lecture about communication. I know it hurt that I didn't tell them about this, but I had them in mind when I did it—Stiles, anyway. Scott would've known had he manned up and come home instead of staying away because he's mad at Derek.

As for my mom, she's picked up a few extra shifts to help cover my hospital bill that should be showing up in the mail soon. I hate that she has to work so much. I wish I could help out, but she already had a conversation with my boss, and they decided I'd be better off not working for the next few weeks, at least until I get back into the groove of going to school everyday. As far as they know, my leg won't be healed until then, and I shouldn't be walking around on it all day. I'm supposed to be using my crutches. The good thing about the fact that she won't be around as much is that I hopefully won't have to come up with an explanation as to why all of my wounds healed so quickly. I'm not even sure what I would say—how can I keep a secret when I don't even know what the secret is yet?

Since there isn't much food at the house, and we both desperately need a hot meal, Derek and I go to the diner after we shower. I bring my crutches to keep appearances with Harv and Kelly, since it's really only been two days since the incident. We sit in the same corner booth, a couple kids from school eyeing us as we walk past. I don't want to go back tomorrow. I can't even imagine what they must think of me—that I have the worst luck ever? Once the rumors float around that I'm in a relationship with an older, former murder suspect (still current person of interest), they'll probably think that I'm just plain crazy. I'm not ready for the rumors. If they come around and reach my mom—oh, God.