6. seizures

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any parts of Teen Wolf or its plot or characters. I do not own Derek Hale. However I do own Skylar McCall and some of the things that come along with her plot (Like Harv & Kelly's, etc.).

☽𓁺☾

    Just has I had begun to think things were forming a clear pattern, my abilities decided to perform another disappearing act. I woke up this morning unable to hear Scott and my mother's heartbeats, which in a way was relieving. The downside is I never shifted and everything still comes and goes as it pleases. We're clueless as to what is going on.

What has decided to stick around, however, is this headache. It's been almost a full twenty-four hours and it hasn't lessened one bit. Medicine doesn't help either—leaving me to believe it's nothing but natural. It must have something to do with what's going on with me. Either way, I use it as an excuse to sit out for gym class. Coach—who unfortunately not only teaches my Economy class, but also gym—doesn't seem to really care, for once.

As Scott falls from the top of the rock climbing wall—Allison kicked him down—Coach cackles with laughter, the whole class watching as the harness stops his fall just half a foot off the ground. I'm so glad I sat out today.

"McCall," Coach says through his chuckles, "I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy. Alright! Next two! Stilinski, Erica! Let's go!"

Stiles straightens with a goofy grin, immediately going to strap himself in the harness. Erica, a quiet girl who I happen to have in chemistry, stares at the wall with obvious fear on her face. Nevertheless, she reluctantly straps herself in and begins climbing. Stiles has already made it twenty feet in the air when she's hardly gotten her feet off the mat. I feel kind of bad for her—she's obviously struggling and it doesn't help that it's in front of the entire class. She probably feels embarrassed.

When Erica finally reaches the half-way mark, Stiles is already easing himself down. Suddenly, I can hear her breathing—not only that, I can feel her fear, so clearly that my own heart begins to race. She's terrified. Scared of heights. She freezes in her spot on the rock wall, cautiously looking down at the mat below as if debating on whether or not to just let go. Her sobs get louder until they begin to fill the rather quiet gym, and weirdly enough, I feel the need to do the same. I push the tears away though as Coach and a few students gather below her, pleading with her to just let go. Her hands stay clutched onto the colorful plastic rocks, her whole body anxiously shaking.

"Erica!" Coach shouts, staring up at her with wide eyes. "Are you dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear," Lydia says matter-of-factly to Coach. "She's just freaking out."

Erica sobs even harder, and though I can't see her face I can feel her pain. Half the reason she's so frozen and overwhelmed is because of all the eyes on her. She knows what people are thinking—that she's weird. People make fun of her because of the way she looks—baggy sweats everyday, frizzy hair, acne-prone face.