chapter four.

the class went by pretty fast. george and clay got some stuff done, considering george was the only person doing anything. it wasn't hard either to the brunette. at one point george caught dream staring at him whilst he was concentrated.

the bell rang and all the students were dismissed. before the brunette could get out the door clay grabbed his arm, "hey george! can you give me your number? y'know so we can work on the project." the brunette rolled his eyes. "there's other ways the contact me clay." then george walks out the door.

part of george really did want to give clay his number, but he didn't want to get attached. clay was no good, any communication with him is already leading up to trouble.

-

george had a few more classes until it was lunch. they were really boring as well. like mathematics and literacy. the final bell rang and many students ran to their designated lunch tables...or to smoke in the bathrooms.

"george over here!" even from across the cafeteria george could see his friends frantically waving towards him. laughing, george walks over. the brunette sits down right next to alex. "what's up beanie boy." alex gives a death glare, "shut up. I only have this stupid thing on because my hair is long."

karl jumps in the conversation. "let's get a hair reveal." but alex only shakes his head. "just do it quackity!"

"quackity?", "oh sorry george! quackity is his gamer tag in minecraft." the brunette's face lit up, "wait you play minecraft too?!" alex nods, "I'm guessing you do too?" george nods. the conversation about mincraft carries on for most of lunch. they all decided they were going to talk on discord after school. overall, the first day of school was actually going pretty well for george.

i mean, he already made a new friend and his classes weren't too bad. the day was going great until george felt a tap on his shoulder. quickly george turns around and is faced with the one and only clay. "hey georgie."

the brunette scoffs, "what do you want clay?" the blonde took his hand off the smaller males shoulder. "no need to be a bitch, just wanted to see what your havin' for lunch." if you couldn't remember the 'routine' this is where he is a dick per-usual. "can you just leave?" the blonde laughs and sits next to george, "hey karl! still friends with this loser?"

the brown haired man rolls his eyes, "i am! frankly he's a better friend then you ever will be. go hangout with your minions their probably dying to see you." clay smirks, "nah, i think im good." the brunette scoots a little further away from clay. "those chips look really good. mind if i have them?"

who does clay think he is? does he think he's the king or something? "i'm good." george gave a sarcastic smile continuing looking on his phone. he didn't necessarily have anything to look at. but he just scrolled on twitter so it would be less awkward. "dude dream c'mon!" a male yelled from another table. it was nick.

nick. otherwise known as sapnap. the best friend of clay since like elementary school (according to karl.) he's always had clays side with everything. to be honest he was a pretty good friend even though he was a jerk after all. george has only had a few encounters with him, but nick is more bold then clay is. the blonde would never really bully people. but nick doesn't care about any of that. don't worry it's only happened a few times.

"gotta go! like you said their dying to see me." before clay could walk away he snatched the chips he was talking about earlier. "thank george, you're always so thoughtful." the brunette doesn't respond. he didn't have enough energy to fight back in that moment. "such a dick." alex quickly said. "yeah, if you're planning on sitting next to me then expect this a lot." karl added, "why does he only do this to you george?"

"what do you mean?", "george he literally only picks on you. yeah, i mean he's down it with a few more people but it's always you." that sentence stuck in george's head through out the rest of the day. karl was right, it's a little weird isn't it?

the rest of the day was fine. after the whole lunch encounter it didn't effect anything. the final bell rang and lots of students start heading through the doors. "remember to vc us after school!" alex shouted to george as he entered his car. the brunette nodded with a smile and started up his car.

the car ride home was never long. his house was only about a five minute drive which was perfect for george. as he parked his car in the driveway he noticed his mom was home aswell. the brunette was ready for his mother to bombard him with a bunch of questions. "hey honey how was school?" her brown silky hair was wrapped up in a messy bun. but it looked like honey due to the sun shining on it. george placed his backpack down and took his shoes off, "it was fine." his mother was doing the dishes and finished up the last appliance. "so how was that creative journalism class?", "creative writing mom. and it was fine, wasn't as bad as i thought." the brunette's mom smiled. "I told you! sometimes it's good to try new things."

george smiled and walked up the stairs to his room. as soon as he walked in he sat down at his desk with two monitors places on top. george navigated to discord and joined the vc waiting for his friends to join. suddenly karls icon lit up, entering the call.

(972 words)