chapter twelve.

the rest of that night was miserable. george's pillow had so many tear stains that it was basically a whole new shade. he didn't want to believe that words were true. but nothing was stopping him that they weren't.

george also didn't know what happened with karl and alex. he felt sorry he really did. but he just hopes they got a ride.

still no contact with clay, however.

you would think he would maybe even tries to pretend he cared? maybe he's still hungover from his big night but it really hurt. george never expressed his emotions in a really vital way. but he thought what they had was going somewhere. they kissed for gods sake!

the brunette decided that he was going to try or forget about for at least the weekend. he got his hopes to high for his weekend to be ruined. george got out of bed finally even though it was two pm. the brunette looked through his drawers in attempt to find something comfortable to wear.

in the glance of his eye he saw the painting. the painting of clay. he planned on maybe giving it to him if anything happened, but that's down in the deeps. he could maybe still give it to him. but the fact of even seeing clay made him mad.

george hopped in the shower just trying to find any motivation to even stay awake. but he still also wanted to check up on his friends. they spammed him the night before but he couldn't move. tears kept coming and it wouldn't stop.

just thinking about it made his eyes fill. george got out of the shower a little early then he planned. he looked in the mirror wiping away some of the fog.

he wasn't satisfied with his looks. his eyes were slightly puffy, and his hair was a mess. god, he just wanted the day to be over. george went back in his room fully dressed and immediately opened his phone to the missed messages he got the night before.

karl
are you okay?

george you there? im so sorry. he's such a dick.

we got a ride, since i know you were probably worrying

hey! just checking in again. if you want alone time it's fine

george please at least tell me your okay.
12:07am

george
im fine, sorry.
3:53pm

george was really doubting towards the end of the weekend. it would be nice to hang out with his friends again. even though it's only been one day, george already felt like they haven't seen each other in so long. it would also be nice to get things off his mind with school like creative writing.

shit. he had a project to do with clay! how would that even work? would they fail? what if they just didn't do it?

little did george know that the thoughts roaming his mind kept him busy for almost two hours. he had all these problems but he really just wanted to deal with only one. his friends.

without hesitating george dialed the group call that consisted of him and his friends. the phone only took at least two seconds to ring. george then put out a quiet "hello?"

"george! oh my god. are you okay?!" karl was totally freaking out when on the other hand alex was silent. "im fine. and uhm, sorry for kinda leaving you." alex responds for karl, "dude it's fine! that's like the least of our concerns."

george gave a light smile to himself, "george what happened? i understand it was something with clay but..." george got a mix of emotions like sad and mad from being even mentioned of clay. the call fell silent as georges eyes started to fill, "im such an asshole. you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to."

george fixed himself up, "no! its okay. he was just drunk and said some thing like he'd never date me-"

karl interrupted "you don't have to tell us everything george." alex then asks, "did he reach out to you? like he literally kissed you two days ago!" george let out a sniffle, "n-no hes acting like nothing happened."

"that son of a bitch. he's always so stuck up in himself. he hasn't changed, never has never will." george wiped his final tears away, karl steps in, "im not excited to see him monday.

george pauses, "me too. and the world hates me because i have that project with him monday." alex sighs, "shit that's right! isn't it a love poem too?"

"yup."

(767 words)