chapter nine.

it was wednesday which meant the party was only two days away. and the brunette decided, he was going. if the worst comes, he would just leave early.

groups of students entered the doors of the school going to their desired places. george of course went to his locker, met with alex and karl. "what's up lover boy." karl gave a smirk. george knew this would come up eventually. "shut up." the brunette put in his pin for his locker grabbing all the essentials he needed for creative writing. "soooo... me and karl are going to the diner after school, care to join us? or will you be too busy hanging out with you boyfri-"

"don't you dare finish that sentence." the two go in a fit of giggles, "ill be there. just make sure we don't have a trash seat like we did last time." karl's face puts a hand on his chest as if he was offended, "it wasn't that bad! i know it was a little too close to the garbage, but at least it didn't smell that bad!"

the bell rang, signaling that it was time for class to start. alex had to comment, "dude we all know you should never sit next to the garbage can." before karl could fight back george said a quick goodbye and starting walking away. but he could still hear the two arguing, "the place was packed! i had no other option!" this put a slight smile on georges face.

george walked up to mr. watts room met with a few people already seated. "welcome george." he gave a slight wave in return. clay of course wasn't there. what reason would he be on time?

"alright let's get started! today is a simple communication day. which is also known as a work day for your projects. remember! these are due next monday, but we're presenting tuesday and wednesday."

suddenly a blonde tall figure enters the room. "you're late again clay, one more and that's detention." clay day down in his desired right next to george. "im sorry! it was for a good reason." the teacher doesn't look convinced whatsoever "care to share?" the stupid smirk appeared, "im good."

george leaned in to the blonde as the teacher was explaining a few things, "you really need to start being on time." the clay leans over even more, where their faces are about a feet apart, "alright george. i promise next time i will. just for you." the stupid flirty gestures clay have always drove george crazy. but he liked it in a way.

"alright get to working! you have about forty minutes to please use it wisely."

at that, everyone get with their groups or partners getting ready to work. "okay so i think we're on a good track. since the project is due monday we should be able to finish friday, but only if we really work precisely." the brunette didn't hear a response so he lifted his heads to meet with clay, but the blondes eyes were already on him. "got it?"

clay shakes his head that symbolizes 'yes'. "okay. do you have the notes i gave you yesterday?" clays eyes widen a little, "oh- shit sorry." the brunette rolls his eyes, "it's fine. i still remember some of it."

throughout the whole class period they worked pretty well. it was about at the ten minute left mark where they decided to take a break. "im going to the dumb party by the way." clay smiled, "i knew you would. it's at ten, 1781 mitch grove." the brunettes nodded putting down the address in his notes app. "hey can i meet up with you thursday? at the park near the school?" george raised his eyebrow, "why? to work on the project?" clay shook his head, "no. just to yknow, talk about stuff. thought it would be nice."

"sure, seven yeah?" they both agreed. little did they knows both of them couldn't wait.

-

school was okay like always. it was a boring day. well except for creative writing. george hopped in his car heading towards the diner. karl and george have gone plenty of times. but it was nice to bring someone new along. honestly this has been one of the best school years for george. i mean he made a new friend after all.

the small red diner came into view and george parked right in front. not long after two more appeared. "hey guys!" they both get out. "cmon let's go inside."

they both got seated, and got started off with water. "so how did your creative writing class go today?" george sighed, "it was good. and clay invited to 'chill' tomorrow after school. don't really know what it's about though."

karl's face lit up. "he definitely has something for you george!" alex added, "it's really obvious."

"yeah whatever. so are you guys excited for the party?" karl and alex have of course been to a party, except george of course. "yeah dude! i have a outfit planned out and everything."

"i still have no idea what im going to wear." karl and alex both looked at eachother, "nothing we can't help with. here ill tell you what, we will both drive to your house two hours before the party so we can figure something out."

george loved his friends. they were so caring and always there for him which he doesn't understand. "thanks."

now at first george was a nervous wreck for the whole party thing.

but is it weird that he was a little excited?