chapter eleven.

it was finally friday.

george woke up with butterflies in his stomach from the night before. hes never kissed anybody before, but it felt amazing. for one time in his life, he was genuinely excited for what the day had to bring.

the sun glared into his room, making beautiful sun rays. george decided to just still keep it simple today even though he was freaking out on the inside.

doing his morning routine was never a problem. it only took him about thirty minutes to get everything ready and actually arrive at school. not bad.

the parking lot was pretty empty. he didn't even realize but he was early. but it didnt bother him.

george entered the school grounds and went straight for his locker. a usual meetup place for him and his friends. and to all his surprise they were already there, waiting for him.

"dude you gotta tell me what happened!" they both looked like idiots being so worried about what happened. but they have every right to. "uhm, well we went to the park and one thing lead to another and..."

alex looked like he was about to jump out of his skin, "AND?!" the brunette have a promising smile, "we kissed." before the two totally freaked out george placed hand on both their mouths, "please just shut up. we don't want the whole school knowing now do we?"

both nodded getting the hands taken off their mouths. "that's great george!! im happy for you!" karl didn't say it as loud so he could satisfy george. "thank you. sorry i didn't tell you sooner i was still processing it myself."

they both just brushed it off. overall they truly understood. "ill see you after school right? for the party?" they both nodded signaling that they were. "bye george!"

-

minutes felt like months in this very day. he just wanted the day to get over with. why? because although he wasn't really excited for the party. he's going to ask clay on a date. it's a big move but george was ready. he thought that clay would be too. the kissed they shared last night truly meant something to him. so why not?

finally the moment came and the bell rang signaling everyone that they could leave, "make sure to read pages 134 to 137 over the weekend!" the brunette barely heard his teachers remark since he walked out already.

hopping in his car george drove home. he wanted to eat before he left and to finish some homework. it was never a lot. his teachers never even game him a lot of homework anyway. but it would be more effective if he started it now.

he first started off with his mathematics which was always a pain in the ass. then history. then lastly biology. by the time he knew it was already six. homework took his a lot longer then he anticipated.

there was a knock on the door, and another leading it. "george can you get that?" his mother yelled from her bedroom. the brunette wasn't expecting anyone so he wondered who it could be.

he opens the door to be met with his two befriends, "what the hell! i told you at eight!" they already made themselves at home at that point, "two extra hours doesn't hurt! plus we're bored!!"

they all made their way up to georges room. "okay well i guess you can help pick out an outfit early then." george layed out a few options which were a few possible options. the first one was some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, "what do you think about this?"

alex made his comments first, "okay well starters were going to a party and you look like your homeless, and second you're going to be dying in that." karl then got up and picked a simple outfit, "try this on."

it was a dark blue shirt with some black jeans, "i look like a robber." they all go in a fit of laughter, "you don't look like a robber! it looks fine!" george finally then took his last option which was a white graphic tee and black jeans. "okay this one actually looks good, you can't prove me wrong."

they all agreed on that one outfit. in the remaining time george helped karl on some homework and they just sat in a comfortable silence on their phones. either watching tik tok or youtube.

the sun was pretty much set at that point. "do you guys wanna start heading out now?" the time read 9:47 so they all agreed to it.

"george how are you going to ask him? like straight up or what?!" the brunettes shrugged. in all honesty he didn't know. but all he knew that he was a nervous wreck. the driveway and the sidewalk by the house were filled with cars. it was a little past ten so it was understandable.

"lets go!!" alex lead them both out the car into the house. it was already packed speaking it technically only started seventeen minutes ago. they walked through a crowd of people making their way to the kitchen. "you want anything alex?", "a beer thanks."

george searched the house in attempt to find clay. but not after long he saw him entreating the house. their eyes went directly into one another. "hey georgie." he said in a soft tone. "hi."

"hey karl can i get a beer too?" the brown haired man completely ignored him, "oh come on! i know we've had some bad memories but im different now." karl gave in handing him a beer bottle, "thank you."

the party got really crazy, really quick. the music somehow got louder and there were so many drinking contests. he didn't even look at who decided to compete. it made him sick to the stomach.

"guys?" george stayed by his friends for the most part but he was starting to get a little uncomfortable. "i think im going to leave." the brunette knew he just sucked the life out of them, "dude! you haven't even asked clay out!" george rolled his eyes. mostly because karl was right. "fine. but after can we leave?" they nodded.

george made his way through the crowd eventually finding clay after a good amount of time of searching. "clay?" he tapped his shoulder a few times to get his attention, "what's up georgeee." he emphasized the 'e' pretty long. "can i ask you something?" the blonde nodded, "i was wondering if you wanted to g- wait are you d-drunk?" before the blonde could respond nick came right behind.

"dude what's up with you and george? you've been hanging onto with him, right? what made you become so nice to him? is there something going between you guys?" clay denied, "its nothing nick. trust me."

george was a little shocked that clay didn't say the truth. the whole truth that they have been having a connection, the truth they kissed.

"prove it, yeah? if nothings going on."

clay got on top the couch. he was definitely drunk but george didn't know what he was doing.

"listen up! george means nothing to me! he's such a *hiccup* dork! i mean cmon have you seen him? such a pathetic little thing. nothing between us what. so. ever! thank you and goodnight!"

those words.

they hit george like a knife. did he really mean it? tears were already filling up to the brim. he wanted to hide it but the fact he totally just got heartbroken and the fact everyone was staring at him was overwhelming. he couldn't take it anymore.

george walked through the crowd taking a glimpse at clay. he was just standing there as if nothing happened. george should have expected it. it really did seem to good to be true. but everything happens for a reason right?

god he was so stupid.

before george could leave karl came in to view, "george i-" george interrupted him, "sorry karl but you and alex are going to have to find a ride."

then he left. he didn't want it to be that way. but that was the way that felt right. driving made it a little harder to drive especially at night but anger fulfilled him most.

did nothing that they've been though mean anything to him? was it all a little act? whatever it was.

it hurt.

george arrived back home avoiding any contact with his family. he just wanted to be alone. and thank god it was the weekend.

george knew that he would probably leave home early from the party. but who knew he would leave early with a broke heart?

(1440 words)