chapter nineteen.

"you've seriously never played minecraft?!" george and clay were in the car heading back to the brits from the mall. somehow minecraft got into the conversation and it was the main focus. "ive played minecraft a few times in like 2014." the blonde kept his eye contact on the road with one hand on the wheel, "maybe i should make you play again. there's a lot of new updates you know." clay nodded in agreement.

there was a silence between the two as they drove to georges house. but that was soon broken when clay got a call. he pulled the phone out of his pocket and george glanced over to read the name 'nick' on his phone.

"hey nick." george could only hear mumbling coming from the other end. "sorry dude im with george right now." the brit didn't know what nick could be asking him. maybe to hang out? go to a party? who knows. "really? um yeah sure hold on." clay hand the phone over to george. but the brunette only raises an eyebrow. "he wants to talk to you. don't ask me." and then george picks up the phone placing it to his ear.

"hello?" then nick quickly responded "hey george. um i gotta tell you something but you promise not to freak out alright?" george hated surprises, even if they were small ones like these where he was going to get the surprise any second. "what?" george could hear nick sigh on the other end, "i like karl, okay? and i need to know more about him and you're the best person." george tried to contain his screams but all that showed was a huge smile, "holy fucking shit! are you going to ask him out?!" clay glanced over to george really confused. but it's reasonable, he had no idea what was going on. "yeah, yeah i am. but how the hell am i supposed to do it?!" george thought for a little bit, "okay, ill tell you some things about him and you get it from there, kay?" nick hummed on the other end.

"what am i missing out on?" clay finally asked. "your little friend over here has a crush on karl!" nick said something on the other line, "he said that if you tell anyone then he'll do what he did in middle school, um whatever that means." clay only chuckled in response. "well first things first don't lead him into a bathroom and ask him out of nowhere." clay gave him a side eye, making george smile. "what?" nick said on the line "nothing! anyway don't pop out and ask him anything, he hates being jump scared. just go up to him with like flowers or something and ask him. but i swear to god mean it like your life depends on it, because karl loves that."

the conversation went on and on with the do's and dont's and nick finally figured what he was going to do. but he didn't have the balls to tell anybody what he was doing. soon enough, they parked outside of georges house. the two walked in, but at first there wasn't anybody in sight.

"cmon." george almost whispered as if he wanted to keep it a secret. before they could even get to the the stairs his mom came up to them, "george! and is this clay?" the blonde gives a warning smile, "howd you know my name?", "oh george talks about you all the time." the brunette immediately turned pink, "mom!" and the blonde wheezed in response. "lets just go." they finally made it to georges room which was neat for the most part. there were a few pieces of clothing every here and there. "um, well welcome to my room." the brunette stretched out his arms for a welcoming signal.

"you have a lot of necklaces for only one neck." the blonde pointed over to georges 'jewelry' box filled with an assortment of necklaces, rings, and a few bracelets. "yeah i know. i barely wear them anymore." george rubbed the back of his neck, "no i like them. and since you don't wear them can i borrow one?" the brit was slightly shocked from his answer. "um yeah knock yourself out." clay looked carefully through the wide selection, and eventually chose a silver necklace with a 'G' labeled on it. "perfect."

carefully, he placed the necklace around his neck, "how does it look?" george glanced over and stared in awe at the blonde in front of him, "it looks really good on you."

the blonde smiled, "okay i really wanna play, pleaseee." george rolled his eyes, but in a nicer way, "fine." they both got into minecraft, letting clay adjust a little more. but as soon as clay remembered the controls he just went off on his way. he didn't really know what he was doing but he was just wandering the world collecting things on his way.

at one point clay almost fell into a lava pool placed inconveniently in the middle of the desert. "clay watch out!" clay immediately responded by clutching on the edge of the pool, making them both get shocked, "holy shit! that was really good!" the blonde smiled confidently "im just a natural." george just laughed in response, "sure you are."