chapter twenty five.

"george cmon! ive been waiting for so long!" the brit has been in the bathroom for about ten minutes now, way past what clay was planning. "just give me one more fucking second!" george yelled back in response. clay wanted to start the picnic date a little before sunset. then when the stars paint the sky, he was going to pop the question to be his boyfriend. "don't have to much fun okay?" nick winked motioning at clay, "you're such an idiot." there was some ruffling noises coming from the floor above, indicating george was coming soon but definitely in a rush. "how are you going to ask him?" karl asked plopping down on the couch next to nick. clay whispered back, "picnic date."

almost getting cut off george comes downstairs mid way of putting on his shirt, so his lower torso was visible. along with some of his hips. that lead clay and everybody else to paste eyes on him as if they've never seen it before. "what?" clay scratched the back of his neck. "its nothing, um, you look good!"
"thanks! are we gonna go? you were complaining like a baby just a minute ago." the blonde coughed in attempt to get himself together. "yeah, let's go." they both grabbed whatever else they needed and headed out the door. "have fun you two!" karl yelled before they closed the door.

"the suspense has been killing me all day." the brit said as they entered the car. and it was true, the brit hated to suspense of surprises. "don't worry, it doesn't take long to get there." clay motioned out his hand, as an invitation for the brit. and the george willingly accepted, interlocking their fingers. the warmth of their hands radiated off each other, making it comforting for the whole ride.

"we're here." clay pulled into a forest which had a perfect trail leading within. "your not going to murder me right?" the blonde chuckled in response. before they could venture off clay grabbed a big black bag filled with all the picnic supplies and food. "cmon follow me. trust me i planned this out perfectly." the two headed into the woods, getting closer and closer to the field.

clay had always loved this field, speaking for the fact he's only known it existed for a few years. there were a variety of flowers, different types and colors. which made the place beautiful. "can you just telling me what we're doing!" the brit complained as they continued walking. "just wait, angel." the nickname caught george off guard and immediately made him go silent. but that was clays plan all along. "quiet all of a sudden?" george blushed even more "shut up."

they were so close to their destination, and before the brunette could notice where they were going clay immediately took care of it. "close your eyes." no way in hell george was going to do it just like that. "ill make sure you don't walk into anything." george hesitantly closed his eyes, with a pair of hands also covering his view. "what the hell! you don't trust me?" george whined, "you could say that." the brit huffed as they continued their walk.

soon clay was met with the field he's known for years. a place that always felt like a get away for all this time. "okay you can open your eyes now." slowly the blonde pulled his hands off georges eyes, and let him take in the view. it took a little bit for george to adjust to the lighting, but god it was beautiful for him. "oh my god! this is amazing! where did you find this place?" clay stepped into the vicinity slightly. "it used to be a calming place for me a few years back. and it still looks the same it always did." george smiled running into the field. "was this all part of your plan?" clay smirked continuing walking in the field.

they were both now in about the center of the field. and clay started to place the bag down, getting everything out of it. it didn't take long for george to notice either, "is this a picnic date?" there was a slight tone of excitement in his question, "why yes it is." the brunettes face immediately lit up. "holy shit! ive always wanted to do this!"

the two set up the picnic by placing the blanket down, getting all the food out, and placing it in designated spots. "this is perfect." george said leaning his head on clays shoulder. the sun was already setting after only about an hour of arrival. "it's even better with you." clay said snuggling his head in georges silky hair. he couldn't see it , but the brunette was smiling beneath him. "thank you. for bringing me out here." george for up to meet clays emerald eyes. "anything for you." without wasting another second their lips met in a affectionate kiss. the scenery of the sun setting and the soft breeze made it seem like they were out of a fairytale. everything was perfect.

soon enough the sun was set, making the stars start to shimmer and the beautiful colors were fading away. "are you cold?" clay said, taking a bite of a strawberry. "im good. it's like the perfect weather outside." clay smiled in response. but in reality a million thought were in his mind. he was pressuring himself to ask george. but why was he nervous? he loves george, and his feeling can't get in the way. as the blonde looks back up he sees george stargazing the sight above them. many specks of light filled the sky which made the mood much better. "george." the brit immediately put his attention back onto the blonde.

"yes?" the blonde leaned a little closer towards george, "i need to ask you something. something i've always wanted to ask you since the moment my lips met yours for the first time. and i tried making this as romantic as possible, um and, i wanted... i wanted to ask you to be my boyfriend." there was a silent moment rod silence, which felt like months for clay. "of course! oh my god a millions times yes!" the beautiful smile clay always loved appeared on the brunettes. and before they both knew it, their lips connected once more. but this time it was different. this was a kiss as boyfriends.

"how long have you been planning this?", "about two weeks. i wanted to make it special, sorry if it wasn't what you were expecting." the brunette smiled, "no this is amazing! definitely my favorite date so far." the blonde smirked placing another kiss on his forehead. "do you want to start heading back? it's getting late." the brit nodded, as they started to get everything together for their leave.

-

the two entered the car placing everything they recently brought in the trunk. "karl is going to be crazy over this." clay started to pull out of the forest, "i can imagine that. he was super excited just on our date." the brit chuckled slightly. overtime as they went on the road georges eyelids started getting heavier and heavier by the second, eventually closing more and more.

it didn't take long for clay to notice as well. the sight of his now boyfriend sleeping in the passenger seat warmed his heart. the two pulled into the driveway of the house, "george were here." his voice was more comforting and almost a whisper like as he spoke to george. "mkay." clay got the bag from the back as george entered the house. to his surprise nick and karl were on the couch waiting for their arrival. "their back! how'd it go?!" karl got up hugging george, "well im officially not single anymore." the sentence made karl smile even harder then he was before. which nobody probably expected to be possible. "im happy for you george." the brunette smiled in response.

"cmon george. i can tell your tired." clay placed everything down leading the brunette to his room. the blonde laid george down on the bed, and soon cuddled close to him as well. it didn't take long for george to fall back into another slumber. and now before clay could go to bed he whispered, "i love you george." and kissing him on the forehead.