chapter seven.

george drove to the desired address. the neighborhood was a normal looking place. the houses were fine like any other. the sun was pretty much set and it painted the sky with a beautiful purple color mixed with some pink.

then there it was. his house. it had a few flowers on the porch that were aligned in four. along with a rocking chair made with some sort of straw material. george decided to park somewhat farther away from his house. he didn't want to be weird or anything.

george walked up to the door with a cold breeze running against his back. he was nervous. but why? clay isn't anyone more special than anyone he's ever hung out with. but what if he was?

george knocked on the exactly three times. he always did that because his old friend in brighton said it was the best way to go. there was some yelling within, which he was assuming was clay.

he was going to knock again but then appeared a small figure. she had blonde hair and grey eyes. "clay! hurry up!" she then returned her attention back to george, "sorry. he's always late for everything." this made the brunette smile, "yeah tell me about it." the little girl giggled opening the door more making enough space for george, "sorry! here you can come in." clays house was decorated pretty well and there was a few baby photos of clay and his sister, "is that clay?" George pointed to a frame above a fire place, laughing of course, "yeah! i know right he was a very ugly baby." they both go into a fit of small giggles.

"oh my gosh im so sorry!" a older woman came out. she had the same eyes as clay, which were represented very clearly, "im clays mom! it's really nice to meet you george. isn't it?" she held out a hand for george to shake, "yeah! im george." she gave a warning smile toward the male, "that damn boy can't do anything on time." the brunette smiled, seems like his whole family agrees, "its okay, its what i expected when i found out i was working with him." his mom laughs at that.

then finally the one and only arrived, he came down the stairs with many glares from his family, "im sorry okay! i could have rather have been naked if you wanted me too." his stupid smirk always made an appearance and it drove george crazy. "its fine clay. it's just a bit rude." his mom then goes into the kitchen, "cmon georgie. or are you just going to spend the rest of the time talking to my mom and my little sister?" george rolled his eyes following clay up to his room, "my name is drista!" she yelled, "nice to meet you drista!" the brunette yelled back.

"seems like you like drista more than me." the brunette smiled, "you could say that. oh! and i had a really good idea for our assignment." the blonde opened a door leading to his room. it was surprisingly clean for the most part. except a few clothes disregarded on the floor. "you're not as much as a hog i though you were." clay chuckled, "yeah? well i cleaned it just for you george."

george sat down at clays desk, it was organized well with a cup full of pens and markers. "george im sitting there." but george completely ignored the statement, "cmon georgie move. or ill just have to make you." the brunette smirked, "i guess you'll have to make me clay because im not moving." the blonde spun the chair so george was facing him, clay leaned closer to george, "you still want to sit here?"

george's face turns a light shade of red. they were only inches apart. and they could feel each others breaths, "okay clay! y-you win." clay gave him a satisfied smile as george plopped on the bed. "okay anyway i was thinking we could do some sort of popcorn reading when we present. i think it will add more emotion, if that makes sense." but clay never responded, he only stared at george, "w-what?"

"are you going to the party on friday?" george only rolled his eyes, "i don't know, probably not."

"why not?" george wasn't even thinking about stepping out of his house this weekend, but for some reason clay is messing with his thoughts, "nobody wants me at their party clay. c-can we just work on the project please?" clay doesn't care what george said though, "i want you there george. plus it will be fun, when's the last time you've been at a party?"

"ive never been to a party alright?" clays face lit up, "you're telling me you've never been to a party?! george now you have to go!" george genuinely considered going, just a straight up yes. but something still forced him to say no. "if you would just shut up and work on this then ill consider it."

"deal."

-

"clay give me the fucking poem!" the brunette giggled trying to grasp the paper from clay, "you wrote all these notes?" george finally received the paper, "it calms me, yknow?"

"calms you from what?" george say back on the bed, "well if you couldn't tell i don't have a lot of freinds, my dad doesn't pay any attention to me. or anyone. and im a high school student. it adds up." clay smiled, "i can't believe im telling you this."

"it's okay. i like listening to you talk." george studied the blonde, "why do you always do that? your a dick half the time but then your so nice to me. care to explain?"

"i like messing with you george, but your the only one that doesn't fight back. you're different then everybody else i've bothered."

clay just called him different. it was one simple word but it gave george butterflies. he's experienced these feeling before but he though they would just go away.

but oh, this was only the beginning.

(1014 words)