Chapter 8

Hope

Connor drove us back to my pack while Kade drove in our mom’s car with Draven. We chatted easily, listened to music and honked at my brother every time one of us passed the other. Connor was always touching me, with his hand holding mine or resting on my thigh. A few times he lifted his hand to run the back of his knuckles down my cheek. After the first couple of times I finally realized he just enjoyed the intense blush that crept up my neck and face every time he did it. As we pulled up to our house, I could see my parents waiting on the porch for us and I felt a bundle of nerves coil in my stomach. I knew they would like Connor and accept him, since they both firmly believed in the mate bond, but I was still nervous to bring a man home with me.

“Relax, chuisle mo chroí, everything will be fine.”

“What does that one mean?” He turned to me and gave me the sweetest smile.

“Pulse of my heart.” I sighed deeply.

“Swooooooon.”

He chuckled and gave me a gentle kiss on my temple before he got out of the car, rounded the front and opened my door for me. He reached out his hand to help me stand, wrapping his arm around my waist as we headed towards my parents who were already welcoming my brother and Draven.

“Mom! Dad! This is Connor, my mate.” He shook both of their hands and introduced himself politely. I briefly wondered if all of that Alpha training prepared him for the “meet the parents” moment.

“I’m Amy and this is my husband Scott. It’s so good to meet you.” My mother smiled warmly at Connor while mind linking me.

‘He’s cute, Hope.’ I smiled brightly back.

‘Oh, I know.’

“It’s nice to meet you both. The Moon Goddess certainly blessed me when she chose me for your daughter.” My father hmphed and responded.

“Damn right she did.”

“Dad be nice!” I pleaded while hugging him. “I missed you both.”

“We missed you too, honey. Why don’t you and Connor take your bags up to your room and get settled in. Liz should be here soon to help get you get ready for your party.”

“You’re going to let Connor and I share a room?” I cocked my eyebrows at my parents.

“You’re mates. It only makes sense.” My mother shrugged and responded sweetly.

“But no funny business while you’re here. At least wait until you’re hours out of earshot.” My father said sternly while pointing at Connor.

“Ew, Dad! You don’t have to worry about that!” I grabbed Connor’s arm and started pulling him behind me before my parents could embarrass me further. I heard their chuckles behind us as Connor followed me up the stairs.

“I cannot believe that just happened.” I muttered as I closed my bedroom door behind us.

“Your parents seem nice.” Connor gave me a playful smile and started looking around my room.

“Come here.” I whispered to him. He turned to look at me and his eyes darkened, showing his wolf was present. The swirls of black in his emerald green orbs were mesmerizing. I couldn’t wait to meet his wolf. He stalked across the room to me and wrapped his arms around my waist as I flung mine around his neck.

“I want to kiss the fuck out of you until Liz gets here.” I whispered in his ear. He growled in response and lifted me, so I wrapped my legs around his waist. He carried me to my bed and laid me gently on top. He stayed on top of me, looking down at with me with an intense gaze, his eyes flickering over every one of my features, like he was trying to memorize every detail of my face.

“You’re perfect.” He murmured, almost to himself.

“And I’m all yours.” I whispered back. I heard a low grumble of approval from deep in his chest and he leaned down to catch my lips with his.

The kiss started off sweet and gentle. His lips grazed along mine before he intensified the kiss, rubbing his tongue along my bottom lip before sucking it into his mouth gently. I opened my mouth, allowing his tongue entrance. I groaned out of reflex and instinctively spread my legs further apart so he could sink himself closer to me. His hand travelled greedily along my body and I followed suit, running my hands along his back, gripping his ass before traveling back up to sink my fingers into his gorgeous brown hair. It was soft as silk running through my fingers. I used the leverage of my fingers in his hair to pull him even closer to me, sliding my tongue against his. He tasted rich and almost smokey, our tastes mingling together to create something new and equally addicting. I felt a low growl build in his chest and soon after, his hardness pressed against me. I groaned and gyrated my hips, enjoying the pressure that caused my underwear to dampen. Connor broke the kiss for some much-needed air and began to trace his way to my ear. I reached down to stroke him through his pants and felt the rumble of a growl through his chest. I couldn’t help but gape mentally at the staggering size of him. I was a little skeptical that he would fit in me at all. The thought caused me to soak my underwear further.

“I can smell how much you want me, Hope. I need to stop before I break your dad’s rule.” I let out a breathy chuckle, my mind still clouded from the intense pleasure his hardness against me was providing. I pushed my hips up into him again and he groaned lowly in my ear. His hand moved under my shirt and up to my bra covered breast.

“Hope…” He moaned, almost desperately.

“Connor, please.” I didn’t know what I was asking for, I just knew I needed more.

“Do you want me to help you, baby? Do you want me to make you feel good?” He whispered almost deviously.

“Yes, Connor!” His hand snaked its way down my side, causing goosebumps to break out all along my skin. I moaned again as he caught my lips in another blinding kiss. He moved his hands to the front of my shorts and started to unbutton them, just as a hard knock rang out from my door.

“Hope? It’s Liz! You need to get ready!” Connor pulled away to rest his forehead on mine and let out a disappointed groan that made me giggle.

“Just a second Liz!” I pointed to his raging hard on and mind linked ‘Get rid of that’ to him as he climbed off of me. He turned his back to the door and started gathering his things to take a shower.

“LIZ!” I screeched as I opened the door and pulled my friend in to a tight hug. She was slightly taller than me with long blonde hair, tan skin and gorgeous brown eyes. She had plush pink lips, legs for days and an ass that would make most celebrities jealous.

She mind linked me ‘Oh my god is that your mate? He’s fucking huge.’ Her wide eyes had me cracking up.

‘His muscles aren’t the only things that are huge.’ I winked and she giggled at me.

‘He’s gorgeous Hope. Ugh, those eyes! Please tell me he has a brother!’

“What are you ladies discussing over there?” Connor looked at me with an amused expression and I motioned for him to come stand next to me.

“Nothing! This is my friend Liz. Liz, this is Connor.” They exchanged introductions and Connor left to shower. Liz headed straight to my closet and yelled over her shoulder.

“Let’s make him drool tonight, babe!”