Chapter 25

Connor

"Well shit. I'm definitely dead." I mutter to myself and Crisena laughs.

'Kneel you idiot!' Dax yells at me and I drop to my knees and bare my neck in submission.

"There's no need for that, sweetie. Please stand." I do and meet her blue eyes. They hold a feeling of familiarity, but I can't seem to place it.

"You're killing me, lady. Am I dead or not?" I ask, my eyes pleading. She giggles and shakes her head.

"You're not. I'm sorry about all of this, but I needed to talk to you." Realization clicks and I narrow my eyes at her.

"Did you take my strength? Is that why I felt so drained?" I ask and she nods solemnly.

"Yes, I'm sorry but I needed to speak with you and I can only do so to someone on the verge of death. But Hope is healing you and you'll be fine." I scoff and cross my arms.

"Once again she has to save me. I thought I was supposed to be her protector, not the other way around." I spit bitterly and Crisena gives me a knowing look.

"This was necessary, Connor and does not speak ill of your abilities to protect Hope." She says kindly and some of the tension eases from my body.

"You couldn't just come to me in a dream like a normal deity?" I ask her and she giggles.

"That power was taken from me." She waves her hand by her face and scrunches her nose in discontent. "Something about misuse. Apparently scaring the crap out of dishonorable wolves in their dreams is 'inappropriate'." She says making air quotes around the word and I chuckle.

"Now, let's chat." She says taking my hand gently and leading me up the rock and sitting with her feet dangling in the water. I follow suit, ignoring my nakedness. She's basically my mother.

"There are some things you need to know about Hope." She says ominously and I stare at her waiting for her to continue.

"Hope is not a normal wolf." She says and I nod.

"I know. She's a healer." I say and Crisena nods.

"She's not just a healer, Connor. She is the most powerful healer to have ever walked the earth." She says gravely and I feel my heart rate kick up a notch.

"What do you mean?" I ask and she pats my knee, sensing my anxiety.

"Hope has more powers than she is aware of. Than she probably ever dreamed of. I had hoped to give her more time, to realize these things on her own, but danger is quickly approaching and she needs to be prepared. As do you." She says and my brain is spinning. I run my fingers through my hair trying to calm my agitated state.

"What powers does she have?" I ask and Crisena smirks, seemingly all too happy to tell me.

"She has already discovered one. The power to shield. She can create a force around anyone she chooses that is impenetrable, protecting the person from attack." I shake my head and look at her.

"She hasn't discovered that power. She's never said anything about it."

"No, because she just used it for the first time. To save you. She did it unknowingly and she'll need you to explain it to her. She's kind of freaking out about it." My eyes widen and I nod to her in understanding.

"What else?" I ask and she sighs before holding my hand.

"After your Alpha and mating ceremonies, she will be flooded with the power of an Alpha. Your power. That combined with her other gifts will make her the most powerful wolf in the world." She says seriously and my jaw drops in amazement.