Chapter 12: The 5 vs Pitch

-3rd Person POV-

The dark sandy beasts surround and attack the five guardians from every angle.

The Guardians do what they can to fight back.

North is swinging his swords left and right,
Tooth's using her metal staff and fists as she flies around,
Bunny keeps his boomerangs in his hands and he uses them as daggers, Jack uses his staff to freeze and hit them,
and Sandy uses his sand whips, trying his best to turn the beasts back to dreams.

But no matter how many of the beasts they strike down, more appear to take their place.

‘There’s so many of them,’ Jack thinks to himself.

‘They won’t stop coming’ North thinks.

‘I’m getting weaker…’ Tooth thinks.

The Guardians are slowly becoming weaker. A nightmare beast hit Jack, sending him flying into a tree.

“AHH!” Jack yells out in pain.

“Jack!!” The other guardians shout.
Jack slowly stands back up with the help of his staff.

“I’m fine! Focus on the nightmares!” Jack says as he freezes one. It doesn’t help though.
No matter how many get taken down, there’s always more. And they keep getting stronger by the minute.

Pitch laughs as the scene unfolds in front of him. He is enjoying the Guardians' feeble attempts to fight back.

The nightmare beasts send attack after attack at the Guardians and the Guardians are becoming more battered and bruised.
Swing after swing, hit after hit, kick after kick, nothing seems to stop the nightmares. The Guardians refuse to give up though.

They keep telling themselves that they have to win over and over in their heads.

They have to win or else they lose.

They lose to the nightmares.

They lose to Pitch.

They lose to the darkness.

But most importantly…

They lose the chance to save Luna and get her back.

The five Guardians keep on fighting but are becoming exhausted and weaker.

The stars keep disappearing from the sky and the moon is becoming dimmer. With each star that disappears, each a bit of light that fades away, the Guardians become weaker.

North isn’t as strong and is losing his ability to stand.

Tooth is losing the use of her wings and is now forced to stand on the ground as she tries to fight.

Bunny is becoming slower and his fur and the eggs he has on his sash are losing color.

Sandy no longer floats and his sand whips are becoming shorter as the glow of his golden sand is dimming.

Jack can’t fly anymore and his ice powers are weaker until he can no longer use them and can only use his staff to hit the nightmares.

As the light keeps fading and the Guardians become weaker, Pitch and the nightmares become stronger.

The Guardians are panting in exhaustion as they keep fighting.

“Is this really what you’ve become?” Pitch shouts with a laugh.
“Pathetic!”

Pitch appears next to Jack and hits him into the ground away from the Guardians.

“All this effort…”

He appears next to Sandy and grabs him, throwing him into the ground in the opposite direction.

“This feeble attempt of a fight…”

He appears in front of Tooth and throws her to the ground near Jack.

“For all those silly little children you want to believe in you…”

He appears behind North and hits him in a boulder, cracking it.
He appears in front of Bunny, shocking him.

“To save a girl who’s already gone” Pitch smirks at Bunny and hits him into a tree, causing Bunny to grunt in pain.

“All of this is hopeless for you!” Pitch yells as he throws his arms to the side.

“I win! You lose! All the light in the world is almost gone! Manny’s light is disappearing and there’s only two stars left!”

He points to the moon, which is darkening and losing its light, and there are two stars, one close to the moon and one a little further away. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Somewhere in the world, a young girl with blonde hair and green eyes is looking up at the dark sky and the darkening moon in worry.

“I..I just gotta keep believing. The Guardians will help. Like mommy and Uncle Jamie said.” The little girl says as she looks at the two stars.

“Just like what the pretty voice said about the stars.”

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Pitch laughs at the Guardians laying on the ground in pain.

“No more wonder and Christmas!
No more good dreams!
No more little fairies under kids' pillows!
No more snow days and fun!
No more Easter and hope!
And no more light!!” Pitch yells happily.

The Guardians struggle to sit up and try to get up. They are beaten, bruised, and cut up.

The hope they felt to save their dear friend is starting to fade.

“And here you thought you could actually win. You thought you could save your dear precious Luna.
Well newsflash!
She’s already gone!
She’s not ever coming back!
You lose, Guardians!
Darkness and shadows win!
It’s the beginning of the Dark Ages!
No more children believe!”

Just as the last of the moon's light begins to fade, a voice of a little girl sounds through the forest in a slight whisper.

“I wish…”

A/N- {Author: HEY GUYS! I have FINALLY updated!

Jack: Finally!

North: Jjaaacckkk. Dont start

Author: Yeah I did my best!

Aster/Bunny: Yeah Frostbite, no one wants to hear it

Jack: Oh shut it Kangaroo

Aster/Bunny: I'M NOT KANGAROO!

Author: Hey! I just got over my block and finally updated! I don't wanna hear this!

Tooth: Yes please calm, Jack, Bunny

Sandy: "Should I put them to sleep?" He signs

Tooth: No they should be okay

Author: Writer's block is a bi

North: No! Author, not in front of little ones

Author: Ah right, it's a big oof. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! The next chapter should be soon!

Everyone: Bbyyee!!}