Chapter 5: Sandman's Land

Luna's POV:

I hate riding in this sleigh, but it's apparently the quickest way to get to Sandy's home.

It's called The Island of the Sleepy Sands, which makes sense since he is the Sandman.

Sandy told me--well, sand-signed me--the history of his home, which was very interesting.

It was created by a shooting star. The star fell to Earth but it didn't sink or explode; it just became an island.

When we went through the colorful portal, I got to see the island.

It was simple yet amazing at the same time. It looks like a huge desert island. The island has long spiraling tendrils of lands that come to a center. It had golden sand everywhere.

Well....

Almost everywhere. In some places, the sand is turning black.

North carefully lands the sleigh and Sandy flies out. He gets to work turning the black sand back to gold.

I get a handful of the golden sand.

As I hold it, I see it start to take shape.

"Whoa!" I say as I watch it turn into a star and fly around me. I laugh as I do a spin with it.

I feel someone staring at me and I turn around.

I see Aster quickly look away from my direction.

I smile and giggle to myself.

Sandy flies over to me and I look at him. He points to my sand star and tells me to cup my hands together.

I do what he tells me and the star floats to my hands.

I look at Sandy; he gives me a smile and moves his hands up as if releasing a bird.

I look back at my star and I do what he did and the star goes flying into the sky. Sandy twirls his hands and shoots sand into the sky with the star.

The sand turns into all sorts of dreams. I see dinosaurs, dolphins, race cars, unicorns, and so much more.

I stare in awe at all the golden figures going across the sky.

I know all of the figures are going to all the sleepy children to grant them good dreams. I smile at the thought.

"Let's go back to workshop!" North says as he heads to his sleigh.

For once.... I feel like I actually belong.

Bunny/Aster POV:

Sandy's place is amazing.

But seeing Luna's face when she got to see it, was even better.

Her eyes always seem to twinkle with curiosity. I could stare at them for hours.

Once we land, Sandy starts doing his thing, turning the black sand back to gold.

I watch as Luna picks up some dream sand in her hands.

"Whoa!" She says as the sand takes the shape of a star.

I chuckle to myself. Her reaction to the sand suddenly changing was cute.

The star flies around her and she twirls with it. She suddenly looks toward me and I quickly look away.

'Crap! I was staring!' I think to myself as I feel my face heat up.

Once again, thankful I have fur.

I look back at her as Sandy is showing her how to do something.

I see her throw her hands up and watch as her star flies up into the sky.

Sandy works his magic and creates his different types of dreams.

I look at Luna and see her staring up in awe and wonder at Sandy's creations.

I see her smile that gorgeous smile and I can't help but smile softly.

This girl....... is incredible.

-Timeskip brought to you by Baby Tooth-

Luna's POV:

We're at North's workshop, trying to come up with a game plan.

Some lights on the glove are disappearing.

It upsets me -
- the thought of kids not believing.

If kids don't have something to believe in, then they lose the hope to dream of the things they want.

Like what they want for Christmas, or what they want to be in the future.

I frown, feeling bad that I can't really help out at all.

Jack walks up next to me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I'm not much help to you guys...." I say as I look down.

"Luna. You being here and fighting by our side is more than enough help," he says as he places a hand on my shoulder.

I look up at him and he smiles. I smile back.

"Thank you Jack."

"Anytime," he says and we walk back to the group.

"So what are we gonna do?" Tooth asks.

"Don't fret now!" Aster says. "Easter is a week away. And I could use some help." He smiles.

"Once again, I have to say this. Right now, Easter is more important than Christmas." North says.

"Ha! That's twice he's said that now!" Aster says excitedly, which makes me giggle.

"Yes, yes. Now... to the sleigh!"

"Not this time, mate. My place, my rules. Buckle up!" Aster says and taps his foot twice.

Next thing ya know.

I'm falling down a hole.

(Hey! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See ya next one! Byeee!)