Chapter 4: Tooth Palace

Luna POV: 

Tooth Palace is beautiful!

It’s in a vast cavern in a mountain. The palace itself almost looks like a chandelier.
It has pillars of gold and pink. The palace is upside down, hanging from the ceiling of the cavern. The shining sun, above blue streams, make everything even more magnificent.

“Wow…” I say in awe.

“Beautiful, ain’t it?” Aster says next to me.

“Very,” I smile. “You really live here, Tooth?” I ask her.

“Yup! This is home.” She says happily.

The sleigh lands on a platform. Tooth flies up a bit and a few smaller fairies fly over to her.

They are squeaking frantically.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Slow down, girls! What’s going on?” Tooth asks.

They keep squeaking and then Tooth’s eyes widen.

“Pitch is here…” She whispers.

“Pitch? Pitch Black? As in the boogeyman?” I ask.

“Yes. We defeated him 30 years ago, but now he is back. That’s why YOU were chosen. Because he returned.” North says as he looks at me.

I was chosen because he returned?

Why?

I’m nothing special.

I don’t collect children's teeth and memories. I don’t spread dreams or give gifts and wonder. I don’t bring snow and fun or hide eggs and gives children hope.

I don’t do anything.

Children don’t even believe in me.

I’m not a guardian…

Then, out of nowhere, there is an evil laugh.

3rd Person POV:

The laugh sounds like it’s coming from all around them.

Then, a person emerges from the shadows.

“Well look at this! Everyone in the same place again! Just like 30 years ago…” He says lowly and with his creepy smile.

"Pitch! You better not have messed with my fairies and the teeth!” Tooth says with anger and flies at him.

Pitch disappears into the shadows and reappears behind the Guardians.

“And who might this be?” He looks at Luna.

The Guardians turn at the sound of his voice.

“Ah, I know who you are. You’re Manny’s daughter, Luna Star.” He says, moving a bit closer to her.

Bunny grabs Luna’s arm and pulls her behind him. Jack holds her shoulders protectively.

“Don’t even think about it, mate.” Bunny says, threatening Pitch with his boomerang.

Pitch laughs. “So protective of her, aren’t we now, Bunny?”

North grabs his swords, Sandy makes a sand whip, Tooth clenches her fists, and Jack grips his staff.

“Oh, now I sense some fear. And so do they,” he says, and then nightmare horses surround the Guardians.

The Guardians get into a fighting stances and Luna pulls out her dagger.

Then the nightmares attack.

Tooth punches through the nightmares. North slashes through them one by one. Bunny bashes through them with his boomerangs while Jack is freezing them with his staff. Sandy changes each nightmare he hits with his whip back into dreams and Luna does what she can to fight them off with her dagger.