Chapter 10: Who am I?

Eclipsa/Luna POV-

A million thoughts run through my head. What's going on? Where am I?... Who am I? I look around. I'm in a small, dark room with very little light, if any. I feel so tired and heavy, so I close my eyes again. A while later, I hear footsteps grow closer and then a door opens. I keep my eyes closed. I hear someone talking but I can't make out what they're saying. I feel a hand on my chin and my head being lifted. After awhile, I hear a man's voice say "Open your eyes, my dear." I do what the voice tells me. I see a man with greyish skin, dark hair, and a black….. nightgown? Do men wear nightgowns? The man tells me I can roam around but I must stay in his realm. I just nod to what he says. He starts rambling about how my name doesn’t fit me anymore. I have a name? His eyes widen and he smiles evilly. He turns to me and says one word. “Eclipsa.” He states that is my new name before he disappears into the shadows. I slowly stand up, gaining balance. I lean against a wall until I know I am able to walk. I leave the room that I've been in for so long. How long have I been there? A day? A week? A month? I don’t know… I can’t remember anything about myself, no matter how hard I try. I keep aimlessly walking around this strange place. It’s so gloomy…. I keep walking until I come upon this room. It has cages hanging from the ceiling, a black globe with some glowing lights on it, and a black throne that oversees it all. “What a weird room…” I say quietly. I keep looking around until I see something shine in what little light there is in here. It looks like a gold box on the throne. I walk over to the throne and pick up the small box. The container has colored diamonds on the top and the outside is gold. As I turn the container in my hand, I notice a girl's face on the front. I look closely at the girl's face. 'It looks… a bit like me,' I think to myself. As I think that thought, the container glows a bit. I hear a voice come from it. "Llluuunnnnnaaaaa~" a voice calls. I touch the top of the container, then I'm blinded by a bright light. Once I can see again, I look around. I'm not in the same place anymore. I'm floating in the air above a building, surrounded by woods, with a small town nearby. I see kids walk into the building. I fly down and see a sign that says ‘Catherine's Orphanage.' I fly over to the building and float through the closed door. All the children are sitting on the ground with bored and sad faces. 'Everyone is….. So sad..’ I think to myself. Just then, a girl with blonde hair and bright purple eyes runs down the stairs. She stops when she sees the kids, then smiles brightly and walks over to them. “Come on, guys! Don’t be so down!” The blonde girl says. “Why? There is nothing to do anyway..” A little boy says, looking down. “Well let's play games! Come on!” She says as she pulls some children off the ground and begins to dance and play with them. The children start to laugh and smile and the other children start to join in. ‘This feels…. Familiar….’ I watch the children laugh and play all day long. It’s now night time and all the children go upstairs. I follow them into a large room with many small beds. All the children lay down in a bed. “Can you tell us a story, Luna?” A little girl asks. “Yeah! Tell us a story!” “Yeah Luna!” The older blonde girl from before laughs. “Okay, okay! I’ll tell you all a small story,” she says. ‘Wait… is that….me?’ I move a bit closer. “I want everyone to go to a window.” She says and all the kids run to the windows around the room, some crowding around the same one. ”Now look up at the sky. What do you see?” the blonde Luna asks. “Stars!” A little girl says excitedly. Luna chuckles at this. “That’s right. Does anyone know what it is the stars do?” She asks. “Nu-uh!” They all say. “The stars hold our wishes. There is a star up there in the sky for every child. If the child wishes on their star, then their wish is sure to come true. The man in the moon put the stars there for that reason. So that children always have a place for their wishes to be stored.” Blonde Luna finishes the story. “Wooowwww…” The kids say in awe. Blonde Luna laughs. The scene suddenly changes. I’m now outside the orphanage but….. It’s on fire… Flames are covering the building. “Is everyone out?!” A woman asks. “No! Carlos and Abby are still in there!” A kid says worriedly. “I’ll get them!” Blonde Luna says and runs back into the building. “Luna, no!!” The woman yells. I follow the blonde into the building. Ash and debris is falling from the ceiling; flames are everywhere. “Abby! Carlos!” Blonde Luna calls out. “Luna! Help!” A little girl's voice yells. Blonde Luna runs over to where the yell came from. She finds a little boy and girl coughing due to the smoke. She quickly grabs them both and starts running back toward the entrance, carrying the two little ones. She keeps running, being so close to the entrance -- to safety. She hears a crack coming from above and she looks up. The ceiling is starting to cave at the entrance. “Lady Catherine!” Blonde Luna yells. The woman from before looks toward the entrance. “Catch!” Blonde Luna yells and throws the two children toward her. Lady Catherine catches them both just as the roof and ceiling caves in and the last thing she saw… was flames. The scene changes again, except this time, Eclipsa is now in Luna’s body. She sees a blinding light and opens her eyes. She rises from the ground, floating up. She then hears a voice. “My child. That act of good you have done for those children was extremely brave. You have proven yourself worthy of a second chance. You will now be a guardian; you will protect the children of this world from the darkness that wishes to consume them. What you are the guardian of, is for you to find out on your own. You are now…. Luna Star, my daughter.” I look toward the moon, knowing that is where the voice is coming from. “You will outshine me, one day, my little star…” The voice and scene fade away and I am now back in the dark, gloomy room. I look down at the gold container in my hands. I feel something go down my cheeks and I reach my hands up and I feel something wet. ‘Tears?’ then everything hits me all at once. Only one small sentence escapes my lips………………….

"I remember…"

A/N-(Hey guys! Sorry for such a late update! I've been super busy!

Jack: Busy? With what?

Author: School! And family!

Jack: pfft! Who needs school when there's snow!

Aster/Bunny: You skipped Authors house, Frostbite.

Author: Yeah! I don't have snow! Jerk!

Jack: Whoops!

Author: *grumbles* Anyway... Thanks for reading another chapter!

Author, Jack, Aster/Bunny: Byyyeee!!!