Chapter 6: The Warren

Luna's POV: 

I scream with joy as I slide through the tunnels.

Aster runs up behind me and picks me up, running past the other Guardians.

I laugh as we zoom down the tunnel.

I look up at Aster and he gives me a smirk and starts running faster. I scream a bit and I hear Aster laughing.

The sun shines in my eyes a bit, so I squint them. When I open them completely, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

It’s like an underground oasis!

There was a small lake, different color spring flowers, an ancient stone temple, and giant stone eggs.

There are small Easter eggs running around and a rainbow stream that looks like paint.

The place literally screams 'spring time' everywhere!

“Wow! This place is gorgeous, Aster!” I say, staring in awe at everything.

“Well, you’re welcome here anytime you want” He says as he sets me down.

“Really?!” I look at him, excited. He laughs.

“Of course! Now let’s move to the side a bit.” He says as he moves me away from the tunnel we came from and, right after we are out of the way, the other four Guardians, dog pile on top of each other.

I start to laugh loudly. Seeing them in this state was too funny.

“Enjoy the trip, mates?” Aster asks, smirking.

“Buckle up… Very funny, Cottontail.” Jack says as he gets up.

“Cottontail?” I ask, trying to contain my laughter.

“Watch it, Frostbite.” Aster says, annoyed.

“You think that’s funny, Luna?” Jask asks as he flies down next to me.

“Let me tell you a secret then.” He leans close and whispers in my ear, “Whenever Cottontail annoys you or makes you mad, just call him 'Kangaroo.'”

He moves away, smirking and I cover my mouth, trying so hard not to laugh.

“What’d you tell her?!” Aster says, getting even more annoyed.

“Nothing, nothing,” Jack says as he flies backwards.

Aster grumbles, then looks at me.

“So…. Ya want a tour?” He asks, rubbing the back of his neck.

“I’d love one!” I say, getting excited again. He smiles.

“Well then, follow me.” He says as he starts walking.

The first thing he shows me are what he calls his stone warriors. When they come alive and start to move, I hide behind Aster. I didn’t think they were alive!! He laughs at me.

“Don’t worry, love. They won't hurt ya.” He says as he looks at me over his shoulder.

“Promise?” I ask looking up at him.

“You have my word.” He turns and bows to me. I laugh a bit and he takes my hand and pulls me to a patch of flowers.

He bends down, pulling me with him.

“Watch carefully now.” He says, pointing to the flowers. I watch and, to my surprise, eggs start popping out of the flowers.

“Oh!” I say as I watch them jump on Aster. One jumps in my hand and I giggle.

“So cute.” I say, holding it to my face. I look at Aster and he smiles softly at me.

“Come on,” he takes my free hand and shows me the other flowers that colors the eggs as they run under them. Then he takes me to the rainbow river.

“This river gives the eggs the gloss paint to help them shine." He says, pointing to the eggs floating in the rainbow river.

“Then they go to those vines that give them a spiral design that gives it the finishing touches.” He points to the vines as the eggs come out with different designs.

“Cool!” I smile at the different eggs. We get up and walk to a willow tree on a hill and sit down.

"This place is beautiful, Aster" I say and look at him.

"Well I'm glad you like it." He says with a smile. Jack flies over.

"Hey Cottontail! Look what I did!" He shows off an egg painted light blue with snowflakes.

"Not bad Frostbite, not bad." Aster says with a few nods.

"Can I try and paint one?" I ask.

"Sure!" Aster says and he hands me a few paintbrushes and paints. I pick up a paintbrush and begin painting.

"This is a good stress reliever." I say as I paint.

"Are you stressed, Luna?" Jack asks as he sits next to me.

"Yeah… Pitch has my memories…. He has who I am meant to be and why I'm here in his hands…." I frown as I paint.

"We'll get 'em back. Don't you worry." Aster says and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I…. I just wish I had a family though…. I mean I know Manny is my father but..  he's not really here…" I keep painting.

"I could be your family." Jack says. I look at him in shock.

"What?" I ask.

"I could be your family. I mean, if you want. I already see you as a little sister." He looks at me and smiles.

"I'd like that, Jack." I smile back.

"Then I hereby adopt you as my little sister!" He puts me in a small headlock and ruffles my hair.

I laugh at the gesture.

"Just don't teach her to be a prankster, Frost," Aster says as he crosses his arms.

"No promises, Bunny" Jack says with a smirk.

"I finished my egg!" I say excitedly.

"Well let's see it." Aster says as he moves a bit closer.

I show the two of them my egg. It's painted like the night sky with black, dark blue, purple with a hint of pink and is covered in detailed stars.

"Wow! That's a beauty!" He says, admiring it.

"You got some talent, Luna" Jack says.

I smile widely at the compliments.

But…..

All the happiness fades with the sound of an evil laugh….

A/N- (AAAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDD DONE WITH THIS CHAPTER! Well I hope you all enjoyed another chapter and I'll finish the next one here soon! Once I hit 100 views I will be creating a dedication to someone who's been helping me. See ya next time! Byyyeee!)