CH. 22

[ Mistakes were most likely made]

sorry for the long wait.

-

-

-

The silence was slowly killing Eren, he felt like he was being shown bare for everyone to see and point out the sins he had committed. But without fail Levi made his move and moved all the attention towards himself. The question the little girl asked soon forgotten. Eren felt thankful and once again reminded himself that this was the male he was supposed to accept as his mate.

Titan purred at the little act Levi pulled and didn't miss the chance to get all over Eren's nerves. Of course it ended with Titan laughing like always and Eren telling him to shut up and disappear. After everyone was done with their food, they all quickly cleaned up and moved to the living room where once again the kids left to play outside. The other four stayed inside and made small talk hearing all about the cases, Samuel and Harris would deal with. Levi just sat there silently, only speaking when spoken to. He had his whole attention on his phone which didn't go unnoticed by Eren. It raised his curiosity and he took everything in himself to not ask who he was texting.

Feeling Eren's gaze on him, Levi looked over and raised an eyebrow moving his phone out of view. "What is it?" He asked making Eren even more curious to know. "Who you texting?" Eren asked moving to take a look of the screen. "Petra" Was all Levi said before shutting his phone off and putting it on his pocket. "Petra? about what?" Eren went on wanting to know more. "Nothing for you to worry about, It's getting late and I have to go somewhere. You ready to leave?" Levi brushed his question off. Eren hummed a little irritated that Levi wouldn't tell him but nodded. "If you have somewhere to be lets go."

Eren told the other two males they had to leave while Levi went over to grab Sebastian. After saying their goodbyes they all entered the car and made their way back to Levi's home. Half way there Levi got a call and Eren took the chance to look at it and hopefully see his notifications. "Petra's calling" Eren commented going to grab the phone to answer it, but Levi beat him to it. He shut the phone off hanging on the call and placed the phone's screen down. "I'll call her later, I'm driving." Levi answered not looking away from the road.

Eren raised an eyebrow seeing Levi's behavior strange and frowned. 'What are you hiding?' He thought to himself, a little hurt that secrets were being kept. "Don't look at me like that brat, I'm not hiding it because I want to." Levi sighed out feeling Eren's pheromones change. "So you are hiding something?" Ere groaned out frustrated, crossing his arms over his chest. Levi glanced at Eren and chuckled, "What? are you really going to pout about it Eren?" He asked amused at the males behavior. "So what if I am? You're hiding yet again another thing from me which probably has everything to do about me."

"Not everything is about you Eren." Levi answered but soon came to regret it. "Shit- wait, that's not what I was trying to sa-" Levi began but was cut off by Eren. "Hah! well my bad If I thought so! It was my mistake to think I could start paying attention to who is to be my mate!" Eren spat looking away and outside the window. "No, Eren listen to me, I didn't mean it that way. I just don't want you to hate me, I haven't even made you like me a tad bit and if I show you what's going on who knows how much more I'm going to be hated on." Levi groaned out frowning. Hesitantly he moved his hand to grab Eren's and gave it a small squeeze, which Eren tried to move away from. "Eren please." Levi begged, bringing Eren's hand towards his lips giving his knuckles and hand a small kiss.

Eren sighed and let himself be showered with apologetic gestures of affection. "Fine, but show me once we get home you stupid alpha." Levi nodded and smiled against Eren's hand. Finally arriving, Levi parked the car in front the house and moved to exit the car but was stopped by his phone ringing again. Answering it this time he glanced over at Eren, who was already looking at him and sighed. "What? Shut your trap I was driving." Levi groaned on the phone. "Whaaaat??????! Levi not answering even though he's driving? Who is it? who's with you? Eren? Is it Eren? I bet it is! if it wasn't Eren you would have answered. We know how you drive Levi" Eren could hear from his seat. 'It's Hanji? Fucking loud..' Eren thought to himself. "Enough of your cackling four eyes, what did you find?" Levi sighed pinching the bridge of is nose. "What? not even a hello? how mean Levi! I'll tell Eren how much of a rude alpha you are."