Chapter 1: Avalon to Otherworld

"Mom"! I shouted pushing Almned off me.

"Oh come on Ri! I just want to cuddle before you leave" he antagonized as he jumped on me again and went limp.

I groaned loudly, "Alm the star is not even overhead yet"!

"So"! He yelled as I pushed him off my bed with a thump ,"the blue moon is out, it's not that early", he said rolling over on the floor to face me. I responded by covering my face with my blanket.

"Ri your brothers right, Don't sleep in too late. And you should spend time with him while you're here", My mom said calmly as she passed by my room.

"But if I spend the whole time with him, when will I get time to spend with you", I shouted sarcastically.

"Cute" , my mom said stopping at my door. I uncovered my face only to see the patiently stern smile, "Up, up." 

I looked over at my brother who's annoying smile pulled at my heart, "Alright"!

I rolled out of bed and stepped over my brother who was still grinning ear to pointed ear. I splashed my face with some Lumen water and wrapped my go-to short silk dress around my one piece. It was my most comfortable outfit, with room to move, and the lilac Color made my golden brown hair and matching eyes shine.

"Alright Alm,", I said as I finished tying the dress around my waist, "What are we doing today"?

"Well, Mom said we should go into the market too get you some food for your journey".

"Oh food! I knew I forgot something"! 

"..I worry about you" , he said grimacing at me with concern as her stood up from the floor. He was almost as tall as me. Next time I'd see him, he'd surely tower over me. I wrapped my arm around his neck as we walked out of my room.

"I'm sure when I'm hungry, I won't forget". We walked through the bright hallway on our trees level and through the open kitchen to the terrace entrance.

"Mom"! I shouted back into the tree.

She walked out from the hallway into the kitchen and waved us off, "just get what you need, we have everything we need here".

I looked down at my brother playfully as my golden wings manifested brightly and quickly behind me. He followed suit, but had to shake himself a bit before the blue light formed into wings behind him. He shrugged knowing he could use the practice, and we took to the skies. He followed closely as I dipped and soared around the residential trees, towards the center of the Magnolia Meadow. Magnolia Valley is a quaint suburban area but nothing like the other villages or cities in Avalon.

I looked behind me to make sure my brother was keeping pace, and sure enough, I needed to slow down. I stopped above the center of Meadow Valley Market, and slowly started to descend. Alm followed me, and I smiled knowing he was taking mental notes. We landed in the large market, and he watched me as I diffused my wings downward with a wink. He tried to copy me, but his wings disappeared in an explosion of blue light.

I giggled and looked around at all the tents and tables in the market, "You'll get there Alm".

"Maybe, but I won't get there fast enough without your help" , he whined with a frown as we walked down the blush colored sand path.

"I'll miss you too buddy", I pursed my lips with empathy.

He followed me around the market as I picked all variations of Fae bread and some bottles of healing elixirs that would work for nearly any ailment. He pointed a few things out he thought I may need but I reminded him it would be too much to carry. I did however let him talk me into getting a Blackberry for dinner: they're my favorite Berry. After trading most of what was left of my work voucher for a canteen, we headed back to the home. Alm spent the rest of the day with me, watching me pack and unpack, as I tried to fit everything I needed into my waterproof pack. By the end of the day,  my mother had a great meal of fruit and loafs prepared, as well as baked sprouts and honey wine for my farewell dinner.