Chapter 37: The Dress

Your portal has arrived, the beautiful voice rang in my head. Meeks was here, and it only made my nerves bounced around my stomach.

Be there momentarily! I replied, probably a bit too frantically.

"OWEN"! I yelled for him. He was doing something in the other, larger, room next to ours. The shuffling stopped, and the quiet thudding of my barefoot human carried him into our room.

"Did you say something"?

"She's here, it's time". I inhaled sharply, holding my breath nervously as he walked up to me with a small grin. I exhaled with an aggressive huff. "Are you sure you have everything taken care of, you'll remember to water the flowers"? I asked from my spot atop his dresser, my hands fiddling around at my stomach.

"Yes, Love", he chuckled out. "I will handle everything. Are you okay"? His brown irises barely moved as they flicked down to my anxious hands and then back to eyes.

My hands froze under their brief attention, only for my leg to start bouncing agitatedly as I placed my hands on my hips, "Yeah—Yes, I'll be fine".

His eyes softened knowingly as his chin dropped to his neck. "Okay, why don't we run through the plan one more time".

I looked down as I took a deep breath and started pacing. "I will be in Avalon for 2 days. No more, no less. I will bring back a few things from Avalon, including my family. Which means you will have 2 weeks to handle all the finishing touches. Which will then give us about a few days with my parents before the ceremony".

"Right", he nodded. "Your family, Mark, Meeks, and Rob. Anyone else you want to invite"? His eyes raked over my nervous frame as my pace slowed, highlighting my silence.

"You don't want to bring Marv back from Avalon"?

I pursed my lips with a silent breath. "You know I want him to be here, but I don't think he'd handle it well, especially after Alm's comment. And we already have to deal with my mother".

He gave me a patiently scolding grin, "I'm sure your mom will be fine and I think he'd be happy for you".

I rolled my eyes up at him. I really didn't want to go over it again. My firm expression was enough of a reply.

"Okay, no Marv". He chuckled before he continued, "And then, Meeks will take us to the Grove, before taking your family back to Avalon".

I bit my lip, "Do you think I should escort them home"?

His breath was warm patient, subtly blowing my loose hair from my face. "If you want to, I'm not opposed to waiting for you".

"Okay", I murmured and looked off towards the window. He leaned in down, resting his chin atop the dresser in front of me. When I pulled my eyes back to him, he just barely pouted lips. I coughed a laugh, a smile growing across my lips as I accepted his awkward invitation,  and walked towards him.

As I got closer, his chin lifted from the dresser, and I leaned into his lips closing my eyes. I nuzzled into the soft lips as the pads of his fingers slowly grazed up my legs and back before tenderly pressing me into him further. Warm wind rushed down my body and dress as he loosened his breath through his nose. I reached up to the bridge the nose and tugged. He followed my que, allowing me to pull his face down further to hug his nose. He pressed a kiss to my shins and feet as I held his nose,  his fingertips running up and down my back. 

After a moment, my nerves subsided. I pushed off his face backing away looking up to the large brown eyes, as I conjured my wings with a smile. "I'll see you in two weeks".