Chapter 16: I Missed You

"COLD! COLD! COLD"! I shouted, darting out of the freezing pond; I had completely forgotten my lightseal.

"See you soon"! Meeks shouted to me, and I waved a hand at her as shot into my room in a rush for warmth.

Shae greeted me, but I didn't say a word until I heated the water in my basin and climbed in before it was even heated all the way, clothes and all.

I sighed welcoming the warmth, "Hi Shae. How long was I gone"?

Shae creaked telling me only about a minute.

"Oh good", I said, taking off my silver dress and onesie and draping it over the side, "did you miss me"? I asked sarcastically before submerging.

Shae creaked at me as I was underwater.

After about 20 seconds under, I sat back up out of the water and wiped my face, I sighed again as the warmth soaked into my being. "Well, of course I missed you! And honestly, that was much needed. I feel a lot better about being around Owen after that trip, and I can cast again thank all that is Fae".

I climbed out of the water and wrapped my drying-cloth around my body as I wringed my hair out onto the moss. I turned back to the water and heated it to a simmer which heated my room pleasantly without steaming it too much.

I grabbed my comb from the my open chest and quickly combed out my hair as Shae creaked at me.

"Meeks is good, I guess she courting a guy named Mark now. Haven't met him, but he sounds nice". I said pulling out my clothes from the chest and tossing them on my table.

I dried my hair using fae-wind before draping the cloth over my rock-stool and pulling on my black onesie before my green overalls.

Shae creaked and moaned.

"Yeah, I know I haven't seen him in a couple days, but he told me he was going to be hanging out with the Rob-human.. something about him having to stay over while something called a leash..a leecesh.. a leasesh"? I paused, "Whatever! Rob was staying over for a few days, Shae".

Shae groaned.

"No, I can almost guarantee the Rob-human is still  there". I said walking over to my chest. I tossed my comb inside and pulled out the knee length shrug I sewed from the soft material I had been gifted on Christmas. I pulled it on, and stepped over to my counter pouring the water from the glass bottle into my cup before heating it with my finger. Setting it down, I hovered up to the top shelf, pulling out a couple flakes of lavender tea from its designated bottle to add to my warm water.

Shae creaked at me as I mixed the flakes in the water, stirring and reheating it with my finger.

"OKAY! Fine, Shae. I will go see him", I laughed out, shaking my head.

After an hour of lounging on my bed, and endless refills of tea. Shae creaked at me, announcing that Owen was on his way over. I sat up quickly on my bed with confusion. I conjured my lightseal and took my cup with me as I climbed up my scout entrance.

I sat down on shae's limb, dangling my legs, and watched Owen walk up to Shae. "Hey, Ri", he shouted brushing past her long bare branches looking toward my balcony.

"Ye-es"? I said with a laugh, drawing his attention to the opposite side of Shae.

"Oh", he stopped and smiled after noticing me on the limb and changed his direction, "Hey, how've you been"?

"Good! How's things with the Rob-human"? I took a sip of my tea as my legs swung back and forth.

He chuckled, still finding 'Rob-human' humorous, "Good, he should be gone the day after tomorrow".