Ch.8

Miguel and Athena practiced fighting he flipped her smoothly on the floor getting on top of her.

He stared at her, her being confused and stared back. He slowly leaned in her leaning in as well when their lips touched. Miguel slowly put the hands on the sides of her head on the floor. "About time!" Hawk cheers she stopped blushing quickly standing up with him.

"Yeah get it girl!" Aisha cheered laughing. Mr. Lawrence came in they got into their stance.

"There's a lot of talk going around the Valley"

"About free Karate. But everyone knows that in life you get what you pay for. You wanna rally kick the competition?" Aisha recorded him assuming he was making a commercial.

Miguel and Athena kept staring at each other she bit her lip when he winked at her.

Mr.Lawerence kicked a bunch of dirt in the students face (I'm assuming that's what part of it was)

"Then you need to get your a** over to Cobra Kai" "Screw that lame meditation bullsh*t what you need is bone-crunching, face smashing, good old American Karate"

She wasn't really paying attention getting bored. "Enough about self defense. Learn self offense. Don't be a p*ssy. Join Cobra Kai and let me teach you the way the fist" "And cut!"

"All right, we get it?" He asked. "I think so." Aisha said.
"Alright, great. Just make sure the Cobra Kai snake comes in at the end all right?" He asked.

"I want it to really pop. Make it chrome. And throw Thunderstruck under it" "I'm pretty sure the rights for that song will cost too much" Aisha said.

"No, I already own it. Cassettes in the car"

"Oh, and put one of those hash browns at the end" "You know like, 'Hash brown, Team Cobra Kai' or something" "And then send it to the internet!"

She tried her hardest not to laugh at that.

Athena heard a knock at her door making her confused she opened it seeing her sensei and Miguel "Let's go" Sensei said she grabbed her coat and left with them not bothering locking door since her parents were home.

They were out eating "Good huh?" He asked the two "Yeah" she said eating slowly.

Miguel agreed awkwardly since he was eating.

"The secrets the chopped onions" "Sal keeps it simple" "None of that veggie crap."

"Just a hot grill and some quality chuck"

She picked up her drink awkwardly sipping.

Sensei kept looking over to the building across the street "You guys see that binding over there?" She glanced over.

"The hospital?" Miguel asks.

"That's where Robby was born." Miguel looks hesitantly at Athena knowing his name was a hard topic. She looked down placing her food down.

Sensei thought nothing of it really as Miguel slowly leaned his hand forward grabbing ahold of her hand looking at her when Sensei continued to speak. She looked back holding his hand calming down.

"February 4th, 2002"  "It was a Monday. His mom was in labor for seventeen hours"

"It must've been crazy" Miguel comments. "Yeah I'm sure it was" she looked at him confused "I wasn't there" he said she looked down biting her lower lip.

"And... my mom had just died. I was a real mess. I never knew my father, so she was all I had. Next thing I know, I'm gonna be a dad" he smiled to himself. "Scared the sh*t out of me"

"So instead of being up there welcoming him into the world...I was down here, soaking up the Booz from a three day bender, trying to get the courage to walk across the street"

"And never got there. I failed my kid.... On his very first day in this world..." she could tell his voice was off seeming he was clearly upset she slowly put her hand on his arm he looks at her smiling a bit then went back to his normal face.

"And I've been reading failing him every day since" "Sensei, this is personal stuff. You don't have to tell us" Miguel said she nodded agreeing.

"No... I should've told you two a long time ago"

"It's... it's one of the most painful things in my life." He exhaled sharply.

"But one of the best things has been teaching you two and I want you both to know no matter what happens, I promise I'll always be on your guys side"

"And I'll always have your guys best interest at heart" she smiled sadly at him.

"Thank you" they both said. "Alright" he put his hand on top of hers squeezing it gently and then they both let go he was already like a father to her. Miguel phone buzzed "Sorry"

"What is it?" Sensei asks. "It's Aisha. Did you hear Miyagi do is doing some sort of demo at Valley fest?"

Sensei stared at him she sat up a bit. "Oh they are huh?"