Ch.18

"Cobra Kai sells power strength and when I joined I was...well I was weak..." "It was 1985. I had just won my first All Valley and Mr.Miyagi didn't want me to compete anymore"

"He never really liked the idea of fighting for trophies in the first place. So, he and I, we... got into this big argument and...what did I do? I joined Cobra Kai. I learned to strike first, strike hard, show no mercy"

"And it turned me into an angry and violent kid." She looked down when her hand was grabbed it was Robby who was holding it.

"It changed me." "You never told me about any of this." Sam said.

"It's not something I'm proud of, Sam" "If we're all being honest here... it's not something I'm proud of either and I'm sorry" she said her dad nodded smiling sadly Sam grabbed her shoulder smiling sadly.

"Thank you see you are a example that they can change. My point is anyone can be seduced by Cobra Kai. Even me. And I'll admit, Cobra Kai makes you feel stronger, tougher but it will also get you in trouble"

"And that's what happened to me. I'm just lucky Mr.Miyagi was willing to take me back" he said.
"So, remember, it doesn't matter who anyone was before they stepped into this dojo. All that matters is that right now, today, we are all Miyagi do." She smiled nodding holding Robby hand still.

She checked her phone receiving still missed calls from Miguel and texts.

Demetri and Chris were trying to lift up the stone again "Okay let's both do this fulcrum thing" "Together on the count of three"
"One, two, three" they tried and slowly got it "Almost there" Demetri said.
They both groaned pushing it up and almost there as she stared at them in shock "Push It come on!"

They finally got it up "Good job guys"

"You see that? We all work together as a team, anything's possible" the two high fives but Chris had a fist bump. "What?" Demetri was confused but just grabbed his fist smiling.

"Face me bow" the class bowed he ordered them as they did a some moves to help breathe in and out.

The next day she came out only to see Kreese which her breathing picked up "Where's Mr.Larusso?" He asked smirking. She heard someone come up behind her when she noticed it was her father who quickly put her behind him "What are you doing here? Athena get back in the house" "But dad-" "I said go" he orders and she listens going in.

(Mentions of panick attack coming up)

She went to Sam "Sam! dad was talking to Kreese" "Kreese? What's he doing here?" She asked "I don't know but I'm worried" she said her breathing picking up from the memory "Hey hey calm down she grabbed ahold of her sisters arms rubbing them.

"Who's Kreese?" Moon asked she didn't even realize Moon was there "No one" Sam said and took her sister away getting her water "Hey just breathe okay- drink this" Sam said and she took a few sips trying to calm down and slowly was.

(End of panick attack)

"We're gonna be okay" she said grabbing her hands and the two hugged. "

"Does Miguel know you're dating Robby?" Moon asked.

She looked at her "No I ignored him since this incident" she said. "After last year, I got back into Karate to get away from all the drama"

"Well, my moms therapist always says, "You can't hide from your heart." She told Athena "I think you should wear the blue one it goes with your eyes" Moon said to Sam

They were sweating "Oh god it's so hot out, I'm sweating in places I didn't even know I had pores" Demetri said as Robby put his head on Athena shoulder.

"All right guys get out from under that tree. It's time to get to work" Her dad said.

Robby stood up helping Athena up and the others got up also.

"Hey. Mr.Larusso, it's like 100 degrees out. Can we take it easy today?" Robby asked.

"Are you kidding?" He asked.

"This heat wave is a gift" Dad said. "Today you are going to experience Shochu-Geiko" "Like the car insurance?" Chris asked making her laugh.

"Shochu-Geiko is a Japanese exercise. Where you train during the hottest days of the year. It's about pushing yourself to your limit"

"The fight isn't always gonna come when it's seventy five degrees and breezy" "Aren't we supposed to avoid fighting?" Sam asked.

"Sometimes you can't" Dad started "Someday the faith may come to you. And I wanna make sure you're ready. So today we're gonna see what Miyagi Do is made of"

They were in a circle she stood in the middle first in position.

"Two!" Dad calls out she turns to the left a bit when Robby goes to attack her but she blocks his punch and flipped him over. She helped him up after "Remind me not to mess with you when you're angry" he grunted.

She laughed and got into position "Five!" Sam came forward, she did a back kick but missed then Sam went to kick her in her stomach which left her stomach hurting.

Sam laughs "Got you" "Alright Demetri turn. Come on! Demetri get in there!"

She patted Demetri shoulder and went in his place.