Chapter 26

“H-Hey, son” he said with an obvious nervousness on his face but Niki doesn’t reply. He just let his father talk first.

“I missed you, Niki. You know that” he said before looking away while letting out an awkward laugh “And.. I will not stop bugging you until you forgive me.. But I have nothing to do if you really don’t want to” Keji said “You know what, I already talked to your mom since my friend offered a partnership for the business that he just built in Japan. Well, maybe it’s a great opportunity for me too so I immediately grabbed it and said yes” He said and looked back at Niki.

“Niki, I will not be tired of saying apologies to you. I’m sincere, for real. I want us to be back on what we were before. I want us to be okay… before I fly to Japan..” he said “but it seems like you don’t wanna see me anymore” he whispered while lowering his head, but Niki suddenly spoke.

“Who said I don’t wanna see you?" Niki suddenly said, making Keji look at him with a shocked face.

“N-Niki..” he said, but he was immediately cut off by his son.

“You know what, as days go by, I started to be more open minded. Day by day. I also got the chance now to understand things in different perspectives. I also got to be more matured than I am before because I am slowly opening myself, my heart and my mind to other people as well” Niki said and leaned his back comfortably on the chair “Actually, I had done a lot of dumb things too before… and I completely know and understand what are you feeling right now” he said before looking back at his father that was just sitting silently while looking back at him.

Niki then let out a chuckle on his lips before continuing to talk “You know, it was never too late to say sorry, right? What’s wrong is that when you don't apologize at all” he said, staring at his father as a small smile let out of his lips.

Keji’s eyes then widened at what he had heard so he froze on his seat first as he sync-in everything that Niki has said.

“You’re not kidding, right?” Keji asked with an obvious shock on his face, reason for Niki to giggle in his seat before pulling his father beside him.

“Eyy~ Dad. You owe me a lot of bungeoppang, huh” Niki while poking his father’s side, making Keji laugh as well and ruffle Niki’s hair.

“Aww Niki, you don’t know how long I’ve waited for this moment. Thank you for accepting me again” He said sincerely while looking straight at his son's eyes.

“Don’t thank me, Dad. Besides, there is someone who made me open my heart to others and let me understand things better” Niki said then looked at a certain person who was now approaching their table “...the one who changed me, for the better” he said and smiled at the said person. Keji then saw the person Niki was looking at and also smiled when he saw Niki’s face while looking at Sunoo. And right at this moment, he knew, something was going on between them.

“Oh my gosh, uncle! You’re already here” Sunoo said as he placed the tray in their table “And seems like there’s something I am missing” he said and giggled.

“Yah, you ordered three, huh. So you planned this out already?” Niki asked, which made Sunoo chuckle.

“Yeah, he invited me today to let me talk with you so..” Keji said and held Sunoo’s hand “Sunoo, thank you so much for everything that you did. You are such a good friend to Niki” He said but Niki interrupted him.

“Ehem ehem~ Dad, he’s not JUST a friend” Niki said proudly while crossing his arms, making Keji look at them with a shocked expression.

He then stood up from his seat and hugged Sunoo right away.