Chapter 28

𝙾𝚔𝚊𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚎😍
𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙽𝚒𝚔𝚒 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝, 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚢𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚘𝚘, 𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚎 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚜. 𝚄𝚠𝚄

"Sunoo, I'm sorry.."

"No, Jungwon. Don't say that. It's not even your fault"

It took Sunoo an hour to get back to his consciousness, but now, he wished that he didn't, knowing that when he woke up, he would just be greeted by his empty collarbones.

"Jungwon, why was it all of a sudden? Why?" Sunoo asked while hugging his legs, knees touching his chest while sitting on his bed, back resting at the headboard.

Jungwon then offered a hand to his friend's back to comfort him a little, but it was nothing.

"Excessive pain because of your soulmate... in addition to loss of trust and... hate" Jungwon muttered which Sunoo still managed to hear.

"I saw it coming, Jungwon. I thought I was ready for this since I saw the soulmate mark slowly disappearing, but I am not, Jungwon. I'm not" Sunoo said before breaking into tears once again, crying his heart out as he felt inside him crashing.

Jungwon was at a loss for words, he doesn't even know what to say anymore. He knew Sunoo loved Niki so much and the same goes to Niki, so knowing this would be very painful.

He just let Sunoo cry and let out his feelings when a loud sound suddenly came outside.

"Oh fuck, what was that?" Jungwon whispered under his breath while looking at the door of Sunoo's room.

"Wait, I'll just go there to check if--"

"Sunoo!"

Jungwon was cut off from his words when someone suddenly opened the door forcefully, revealing Niki who obviously cried before coming there and rushed towards Sunoo's direction but Jungwon was fast enough to pull him since Sunoo said before that he doesn't want him to see Niki for a while.

"I'm sorry, I tried to stop him but he was so persistent" Jay apologized while reaching his breaths from running.

"Sunoo, please talk to me" Niki pleaded, this time, with a softer voice.

Sunoo then clenched his fists and hugged his legs tighter. It took him seconds before saying "Fine" with a muffled voice.

Jungwon then slowly loosened his grip from Niki's arm and went immediately to the door frame with Jay.

"Jay hyung, we should let them talk privately as of now" Jungwon whispered and Jay just nodded to him before leaving the room. Jungwon then took a last glance at the both before carefully closing the door to give the both the space that they needed.

"Uhmm, are you okay?" Niki asked, not knowing how to start their conversation.

"Do I seem okay to you?" Sunoo asked with a stern voice, making Niki purse his lips into a thin line, slapping his mind for the idiocy that had gotten into him.

"Look, i'm really sorry for what happened yesterday--"

"Do you enjoy it?"

"What? Of course not"