Chapter 27

“Hey, mom. Can I stay here at Sunoo’s house up until tomorrow? Something really bad happened and Sunoo really needs me right now” Jungwon said on the phone with an obvious sad tone.

“Oh my, why? What happened, is it something serious that we need to follow too?” she asked.

“Uhmm no, mom. I can handle this. Maybe it's better if only I would stay here since I am his best friend”

“Okay, okay but make sure to let me know if there’s something you need, huh?”

“Yes, mom. I’ll just tell you everything when I got home. Goodnight”

“Good night, honey. Take care”

“You too”

Jungwon then left the call before a deep sigh came out of his lips.

This is the day that they are both scared of. The day that Niki broke his heart completely.

Jungwon then silently walked back to Sunoo's room and saw him there, still crying. He was about to sit back beside his friend when someone suddenly knocked on the door and he immediately thought that it was Niki so he was the one who faced him.

He walked into the door and opened it a little, just enough for them to have a conversation but not enough space for Niki to enter.

And when opened it, there stood Niki with a hand pulling his hair in frustration. He also looked terrible as Sunoo was. It’s obvious that he just cried too.

“What?” Jungwon asked nonchalantly.

”Where’s Sunoo? Please, I need to talk to him. He turned off his phone. I was calling him non-stop but he just kept on ignoring me” Niki said with a trembling tone but Jungwon just shook his head.

“You know what? You’re an asshole. Why did you do that to him, huh?” Jungwon asked with his arms crossed.

“No please, it was Yna. I didn’t even know that she would do that. Please Jungwon hyung, I need to explain to him. I know he will give me a chance” he begged.

Jungwon also wanted the both to talk about this issue but not now, he knew he should not enter this issue of the boyfriends but he cares a lot of Sunoo. He’s afraid that it might get worse.

Jungwon knew everything that was happening to their relationship since Sunoo always tended to tell him everything. From the issue with Yna to the blurring of the soulmate mark. He knew it all. He was also there whenever Sunoo would rant about something that Yco told and showed him.

But now, he also knew that it is not yet the time for them to talk. They should calm down first, or the situation will get worse.

"Niki, it's not yet the time for the both of you to talk. He needs space. You both need to think of this issue so that you won't be controlled by your emotions. Please go back to your house. We're both mad at you at what you did, but you still need to explain your side some other time" Jungwon said emotionlessly which made Niki tear up more.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry"

"You don't have to say that to me, tell that to Sunoo hyung when he's ready to listen to you" Jungwon said and Niki nodded.

Niki understood what Jungwon is feeling right now. Of course, he is his friend afterall. He badly wants to talk with Sunoo, but he's right. This is not the right time. They should cool down their heads and let themselves to calm down first before talking so they would not be controlled by their emotions.