4

Three Unforgivable Curses

Fred and George had told the five about the class, how 'wicked' it was

Fred and George had told the five about the class, how 'wicked' it was. How 'cool' it was. Ron was practically jumping out of his skin trying to get to Thursday. Maisie on the other hand would rather do anything else, literally anything. Since he first walked his ass into the great hall she has felt, off. Like someone had been watching her everywhere she went, and she knew who it was, Mad-Eye Moody. Of course she hasn't told anyone, they would think she was overreacting. She thought she was overreacting, she was probably at the wrong place at the wrong time. I suppose.

So here she was on a Thursday morning, sitting in Defence Against the Dark Arts with an enthusiastic Harry Potter sitting besides her. Ron and Hermione in the front row. Ron looked like the Cheshire Cat with how much he was smiling and Hermione looked ready to learn but are you surprised?

"Alastor Moody" he spoke walking in suddenly making some students jump. He wrote his name messy and aggressively on the black board.

"Ministry malcontent. And your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of
story, goodbye, the end. Any questions? When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" Mad-Eye Moody asked the group who looked around with uncertainty.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" Maisie mumbled under her breath, her eyes turning a vivid grey. She held her breath and looked down at her desk.

Harry noticed her instant change of mood. He furrowed his eyebrows and nudged her with his elbow making her look at him with a sad face. "Are you okay?" He mouthed making her shake her head as in, "later" he nodded and faced the front.

"Three sir" Hermione said after he has picked her to speak.

"And they are so named?"

Hermione gulped with an uncomfortable expression, "Because they are unforgivable. Use of any one of them will..."

"Will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what
you're up against, you need to be prepared, you need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk Mr Finnigan!" He yelled making the class look at him with wide eyes, some trying to avoid eye contact.

"Aw no way, the old codger can see out the back of his head" Seamus said making Maisie roll her eyes.

"Idiot" Maisie grumbled.

Mad-Eye threw his chalk in anger, "So, which curse shall we see first? WEASLEY!" He yelled making Ron gulp and nod his head in fear.

"Give us a curse" He spoke folding his arms.

"Well, my dad did tell me about one... The imperious curse" Ron said shrugging his shoulders with a sheepish face.

"Ahhh yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why" Mad-Eye said walking over to a jar with a spider resting peacefully inside, not knowing what was about to happen.