XV

Chapter Seven,
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.

Our love is six feet under
I can't help but wonder
If our grave was watered by the rain
Would roses bloom?
Could roses bloom?

ONE MONTH LATER.

Maisie still hadn't be found. She had still rested below in the chamber unknowingly to everyone except one, Ginny Weasley who felt more guilty then ever and scared what would happen when they found out it was her. Scarlett had started following Ginny, she had figured since Maisie was somewhere it had to have been Ginny, right? But she didn't exactly know. Ron was a worried mess, all the Weasley's were. Remus had been in contact with the school trying to find her, but nothing happened. Ron questioned everyone who was with her last but evidentially the last known people with her was himself, Harry, Hermione and Neville. Harry was numb, he didn't know how to feel. He had developed strong feelings for the Lupin-Weasley girl. He wanted to find her, protect her and hold her for so long in hopes that he would find her Hermione was still petrified along with the other students that got attacked.

HOGWARTS HOSPITAL WING;

Harry sat on the edge of Hermione's bed as Ron sat still on the chair looking down at her studying her face as Ron was. "Wish you were here, Hermione. We need you more then ever, maybe you could help us find Maisie" Harry mumbled the last part looking down. The glass mirror that was held firmly in Ron's hand catches the evening sunlight and casts a jagged flame set across Hermione's hand making Harry look down watching the sunlight dance over her fingers, looking closer her see's the piece of parchment clutched in his hand.

CORRIDOR (LATER);

Harry and Ron duck into an alcove and take out the crinkled paper which looking at it now they figured it's from a library book. "Of many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly then the basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet the eye of this giants serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it and only the crowing of the rooster can kill it" Harry read out off the ripped out parchment belonged to a library book, weird that Hermione would rip it out. Harry looked up in shock, "Ron! This is it! The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a Basilisk. That's why i can hear it speak. It is a snake" Harry cleared up for both him and Ron who looked like everything was figured out. "But it kills by looking people dead in the eye? But no one's dead?" Ron explained making the pair confused, "Because no one has looked it in the eye, not directly at least" Harry has stated softly making Ron remain confused, "Colin saw it though his camera. Justin -- Justin must've seen the Basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick! Nick got the full blast of it, but he's a ghost he couldn't die again... and Hermione... had the mirror! I bet you anything she was using it to look around the corners, in case it came along" Harry said in a rush as everything unraveled itself making Ron widen his eyes. "And Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure she didn't have a mirror or camera, Harry" Ron said still trying to make sense of the situation and tie up every loose end.

"The water.... there was water on the floor that night. She only saw the Basilisk reflection" Harry said looking back down at the piece of parchment, "The crowning of the rooster is fatal to it! That's why Hagrid's roosters were killed! Spiders flee before it! It all fits!" Harry said in a hurry as everything unraveled. "But how has the Basilisk been getting around? A dirty snake. Someone would have seen..." Ron started off before Harry cut him off, "Hermione answered that too" Harry said pointing at the parchment making Ron look down quickly, "Pipes? It's using the pluming" Ron said almost amused by the situation. ""Remember what Aragog said? About that girl fifty years ago? She died in a bathroom. What if she never left" Harry said hoping Ron had figured it out himself. "Moaning Myrtle!" Ron exclaimed almost jumping for joy. "Wait Harry, what if the reason Maisie was kidnapped was because she had figured it out before Hermione and the Basilisk or whoever is behind this took her so no one would figure it out" Ron said with fear laced in his eyes as he thought about the fate of his cousin, Harrys eyes widened and his heart rate sped up. "I don't want to wait around and find out" Harry said as they shook their heads.