XVII

"Dad, why are you dropping me to the Leaky Cauldron?" A 14-year-old Maisie Lupin-Weasley asked her father, Remus Lupin as he ran around the house getting her belongings together

Masie had grown quite a bit over the course of their summer break. Her hair had grown longer and her height increased significantly, she still wasn't tall though. She had developed in her chest area as her hips had become more feminine, she was becoming a teenager. She had turned 13.

"Because Mais, you always go to school with the Weasley's and that's where they are situated upon hearing the news that Harry has run off there" Remus informed his daughter who's head shot up at the news.

"Harry's there? But what do you mean to run off there?" Maisie asked almost falling off her chair. Her eyes changing between yellow and orange simultaneously.

Remus laughed and shook his head, "He has apparently blown up his Aunt"

Her eyes flashed green as a flame shot out of her hands and into the wall, Remus jumped out of the way in time holding his heart. "You really have to get control of that Maisy, I wouldn't want you using it on the wrong person" He lectured looking down at her with a sad frown.

Her face reflected a sorrowful frown as her eyes changed to orange, "I'm sorry. As i grow older, my powers are growing stronger. I can't help it" Maisie said keeping her head down staring at the table.

Remus felt sorrow for his daughter. Anna wasn't here to show her how to master her powers, and weirdly there weren't a lot of books telling Remus how to help her, he has looked, everywhere.

"Let's go," Remus said grabbing Maisie from her chair who reached out to cereal sadly.

"But I haven't finished!" Maisie grumbled being pulled to the fireplace as he eyes flashed red.

"Wow, you really are a Weasley," Remus said shaking his head with a smile as Maisie rolled her eyes and huffed.

"Okay I'll see you at school," Remus said handing Maisie her trunk and kissing her on the forehead as she stepped into their fireplace.

"Bye Dad and I am so happy for you," Maisie said referring to the job her dad had just landed, teacher of Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts. She stood tall and proud as she threw down her powder and exclaimed, "Leaky Cauldron!"

Remus watched her daughter off with a mix of anxiety and happiness for his daughter. She had grown into a beautiful young girl with such a strong mind. But when the wave of anxiety fled through him regarding her powers and you-know-who he felt sick.

Maisie dropped into the Leaky Cauldron and fell to the floor in a bang. The whole group looked up at the ceiling confused. "Seriously!" Maisie yelled brushing the dust off herself as she placed her trunk on the floor beside the bed she was assuming was hers.