XVIII

With a gasp Harry opens his eyes in a snap and blinks, the dust fades

With a gasp Harry opens his eyes in a snap and blinks, the dust fades. The train begins moving again. His eyes snap to a drop of water, newly unfrozen, running slowly down the window.

"Harry?" Harry, are you alright?" Hermione asks bending down to see her friend lying on the seat, sweat pouring down his forehead. He sits up as Hermione's shaking hand passes him his glasses which he gratefully places on his face.

"Where are Ron and Maisie?" Harry groggily asks not seeing Maisie nor Ron next to him. Hermione pursed her lips as she slightly shifts helping to see Maisie lying on Rons lap as he played with her hair.

"What happened to Mais?" Harry said furrowing his eyebrows looking at the girl with sorrow and worry mix together in his blue eyes.

"She protected you mate" Ron said looking up at Harry with a small smile placed on his face, he wasn't to worried about her and neither was Hermione seeing as Remus told them that this would begin happening when Maisie overuses her powers.

"Will she be okay?" Harry asked looking up at Remus knowing that he is Maisie's father with worry lacing his features.

"Oh yeah she will be, she just overused her powers. Here Harry eat this, it'll help" Remus said breaking off some chocolate and passed it to Harry who gladly took it.

"What was that -- thing?" Harry asked looking at Remus unsure of what he was even trying to say.

"A dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now" Remus said nodding slowly as his eyes travelled over to his unconscious daughter who lay with Ron. Harrys face laced with confusion.

"It was searching the train, Harry. For Sirius Black" Hermione said gulping slightly before turning around to see Maisie who even squirmed at the mention of the name.

"I need to have a word with the driver, Ron makes sure she doesn't wake up startled and hit you. Excuse me" Remus said chuckling at his daughter knowing that is something she would do, Ron gulped "Noted"

"What happened to me?" Harry said taking his eyes of Maisie where they had been stuck ever since he awoke.

"Well, you sort of went... rigid after Maisie tried to fend the thing off. We thought maybe you were having a fit or something" Ron said looking down on Maisie just to check on her before ripping his eyes towards Harry.

"And did either of you? You know... pass out?" Harry said furrowing his eyebrows looking between the pair who shifted uncomfortably.

"No. I felt weird. Like I'd never be cheerful again. But.. no" Ron said pursing his lips diverting his eyes to Maisie seeing her flinch a little bit making him worried she was going to hit him. He played with her hair making her calmer.