002. 𝘁𝗷 𝗺𝗰𝗴𝗶𝗯𝗯𝗼𝗻

I was walking down the street on a cold, rainy October night. My short brown hair slightly jumping up and down as I walk. 11.00 p.m and shop owners were closing their doors. They gave me a cold stare of despair and frustration.

I sighed in content as my warm breath escaped my mouth. I was wearing brown leather boots, paired with a long black coat, dark blue jeans and a coffee brown cap.

I held an black umbrella.

I heard the rain splash and splatter above me as the water danced it's way off the edges of my umbrella.

I smiled as I felt joy compress over me. I eternally loved this feeling.

It was a moment in time that no one was outside. I saw kids playing with dolls and trucks through the windows of their homes. I saw Mothers cooking warm pie and milk. I saw Fathers reading newspaper or watching TV.

I loved seeing family together.

I turned around the corner of my street to see my house. The opaque curtains revealed a warm yellow lighting from inside. I sighed in relief that home was close. My steamy mist fell from my mouth and into the air

Home sweet home.

I got on her door step as I looked back one more time before stepping in. I couldn't help but stare into Mother Nature's sweet, glistening, water, falling from the sky.

As I was about to knock on the door, my sister opened the door.

Yes, the TJ Mcgibbon was my sister.

When I opened the door, the fresh smell of books and coffee filled my nose. I took it all in as I sighed in relief.

TJ stepped back to let me in. She took off my coat instantly. I was about to say 'hi', when she immediately engulfed me into a hug.

I smiled internally.

Who knew that i would be gifted with the best sister someone could ask for. I grinned as I pulled away and looked at her, straight in her eyes.

"You do know that I only left for an hour, right?" I asked her as I giggled lightly. "You left me for so long!" TJ exclaimed. I laughed as my eyes wandered to her hair.

"You did something again, didn't you?" I said as I smiled widely at her. "Of course I did". "And why is that?" I said. "Because we are going to have some tea like British people" she said in a british accent.

"Kick off your boots and c'mon!" She said, as a large amount of excitement showed in her voice. I took off my leather boots and walked into my house in my brown and beige socks.

I looked around and admired my home.

it was the definition of dark academia.

Books along the wall, dark creamy lights, with the smell of coffee in the light crisp air.

I watched as TJ walked into our kitchen, which was connected to the dining room.

She sat down as she smirked at me. She did a little hand gesture, signaling me to come over. I looked at her, as I shook my head, telling her 'yes'.

I smiled as I sat down across from her. There was coffee on a coaster, and two tea biscuits in a small plate. I frowned as I saw TJ look down sadly. "Hm?" I asked her in question. "Oh, you never said thank you" she said with a fake pout on her face.

I looked at her as I giggled at her childishness. "Oh madame TJ, I am so sorry I forgot to say 'thank you'" I said with over exaggeration. "Sadly I can not accept your apology" she said with a firm line started upon her lips.

"Ok, ok, how are you?". "Good I guess" she said looking down at her lap. "I guess?" I questioned her past words. "Just a little sad". "And why is that?" I said continued to question her, but now with a hint of sadness in my voice.

"Well, I mean I get hate comments on everything I do. I post a picture of the sunset, people would say 'oh i could do better' or maybe 'this is edited'. Even the people who write nice comments sound fake; trying to grab my attention". she said, her voice slowly breaking to the end.

I watched her in sadness.

She was the best sister someone could ask for. She was everything someone needed. She looked as if she were to break down right there, right now. I wanted to punch whoever said those horrible things to her. But, for now i will continue on and not mess up our 'tea time'.

I picked up her soft, pink painted hand, and lightly touched it, not trying to trigger her. In a soft voice i said, not trying to alarm her "you know, those people are not right. You know it, and i know it. Let's both ignore them and forget. All they are, are attention seekers, and nothing more. How about we go back 'tea time'?" I said with a warming smile, trying to cheer her up.

She wiped a tear that was trying to escape her eye and gave a soft smile and nodded in agreement.

"So? How has your life been?" She asked, as happiness overfilled her voice. "Nothing much, I guess. My friends are thinking of coming over".

"Y/N?!?!" she said, in a very over dramatic tone. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" I asked confused. "You didn't think of inviting me?!?" She said, trying to hold back her laughter. "Nope. Friends only" I said with a fake pout tracing on my face.

She laughed. I brought up my coffee cup to the middle of the table. "Sisters?" I asked as my tone overflowed with joy.

She clicked our cups together.

"Sisters forever!"

1167 words.