04

Dear Diary,

he trusts me...

"And today class... we will be learning more about the basic building blocks of matter."

Within the first sentence that came out of the teacher's mouth, Val was already bored. She learned how to tune out people's voices. That was her special skill.

But fortunately for her, this was the last period of the day. After this class, she could go home. But was that really better? With her parents... probably not.

As she scribbled in her diary, she glanced up for a moment as a tall figure walked through the door.

"Sorry I'm late." The figure said, "Hallway traffic."

The voice was familiar. Val noticed this.

She glanced up one more time to see Ranboo walking across the classroom. She furrowed her eyebrows, confused as to why he was there.

He met her gaze for a split second before he plopped down into a seat, placing his bag on the floor next to him.

Has he really been in this class all year? She thought to herself, how haven't I noticed?

As class came to an end, Val found herself staring at Ranboo.

She didn't know that she was doing it. She didn't even mean to, in fact. She was just confused as to why she only noticed him now. Did he notice her before?

Val shut her diary and held it in her grasp as the bell rang. Slinging her backpack over her shoulder, she followed Ranboo out into the hallway and ran up to his side.

"Have you been in this class all year?" She asked, looking up at him.

His gaze continued to stay forward. "Yes, I have. Have you not noticed me before?" He asked.

"No." She shook her head, looking at the floor in confusion, "Have you noticed me?"

Ranboo shrugged, "Not particularly. I've noticed that you don't pay attention, though."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She gawked.

"I haven't noticed you in particular but I've noticed the teacher yell at you multiple times a day for either drawing or sleeping during instruction." He chuckled.

Val looked off into the distance, biting the inside of her cheek to contain her smile. "I guess that's fair." She nodded.

"Mhm." He hummed in response, "Well, I guess this is where we part." The pair stopped in front of the doors that led outside, facing each other.

"Will I see you again? Or will you just avoid me?" She asked jokingly.

"Hm..." He rubbed his chin as he thought, "I guess we'll have to wait and see."

Val playfully rolled her eyes. "Go home, you nerd." She teased, nudging him towards the door.

He flashed her a smile before leaving out the doors.