23

Dear Diary,

having a best friend has to be one of the best feelings in the world. they're always there for you. to support you, to listen to you...

"Alright, now you can bring the PC's over and position them where you want them."

It had been over a half hour of work. Val groaned as she picked up the PC and brought it over to the desk. She was exhausted and couldn't understand how Ranboo wasn't.

"Wait a second." Val held out a finger towards Ranboo as her phone started buzzing. He took it upon himself to grab the other PC and put it beside the first one as she answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Val! Where the fuck are you?" Ava yelled into her ear.

"What do you mean?" Val furrowed her eyebrows as she leaned against her dresser, running a hand through her hair.

"What do I mean?" Ava repeated urgently, "Our volleyball game starts in two minutes! We need you!"

"Oh shit!" Val exclaimed, instantly rushing to pull out her volleyball clothes.

"Don't tell me you forgot." Ava scolded.

"I'll be there as soon as possible." And that was the last thing she said before she hung up, slamming her phone down on her dresser.

"What is it?" Ranboo asked alarmingly, watching her run around her room like a mad woman.

"I have a fucking volleyball game in two minutes." She yelled.

"Uh oh." Ranboo cringed, crossing his arms as he leaned against the door, "Guess this means I should leave?"

"I'm so sorry, Noah." She sighed, "Maybe we can finish later?"

"Yeah, of course." He nodded, understanding her situation, "Do you need a ride?"

"No, it's okay. I need to change anyways."

"Alright." Ranboo said, "Just text me when you get home."

"I will do that. See you later."

"See ya!" He replied happily as he grabbed his phone and bag before heading out her bedroom door, closing it behind him.

As Val finished changing into her clothes, she heard his car leaving the driveway.

She quickly shoved everything she needed into her gym bag and rushed down the stairs.

"Why did Noah leave?" Her mom asked, watching her slip on her shoes.

"Because I realized I had a fucking volleyball game that starts any second now." She threw a few bottles of water in her bag as she spoke, "Can you drive me?"

Her parents didn't mind if she cussed, as long as it wasn't in a malicious way towards them.

"Oh shit. Of course honey." Now her mom was rushing out of her seat and grabbing her car keys while slipping her shoes on.

They both made their way outside and hopped into the Ford Escape that sat in their driveway.

Her mom instantly started it up and began whipping it out of the neighborhood.

"You need to start keeping track of these things honey." She began to lecture her daughter but all she could focus on was how her mom was going 10 over the speed limit.

She was very passionate about her daughter's volleyball career. Almost more than she was. Mostly because she would be sitting on her ass all day everyday if it wasn't for it.

"Mom, I love you, but this is not time for you to scold me." Val chuckled nervously, "Save it for after."

"Okay fine." She sighed, pulling up to the sports entrance of the school, "Alright, have a good game. Kick ass."

Val flashed her mom a bright smile as she threw her bag over her shoulder and practically ran out of the car and into the school.

She rushed into the locker room only to realize that no one was there.

"Shit." She whispered to her self.

In a hurriedly manor, she threw on her knee pads and ran onto the court. She filled in on outside hitter, her favorite position, and glanced over at Ava.

They exchanged a smile before getting their heads into the game. It seemed as if Val got there before they even did the first serve. Right on time.

And then the game began. The other teamed served the ball causing it to be passed to Val's right side hitter.

Her teammate launched it over to the net back to the opposing team's setter. The ball was sent back over the net and Val could feel it coming over to her. But it was too far forward but not far enough for the person in front of her to get.

So Val made the badass, split second decision to dive for it. She was able to hit it right before it hit the ground, causing her to now be laying on the floor.

The dive hurt her like a bitch but she was able to prop herself up to watch where the ball went. It hit the floor. But on the other team's side.

Val had did it. She scored a point for her team. And with style.

Cheering was heard from the stands and from her team. She lifted herself off the ground with a groan, soaking up the applause.

Each one of her teammates gave her praise for her nice hit as the crowd continued to roar. But there was one voice that Val could hear over everyone else's. A familiar voice. And it was screaming her name.

She was able to glance over at the stands and scan them for a few seconds until she saw Ranboo. Of course it was Ranboo. With his hands cupped around his mouth, screaming, "Lets go Val!"

Val practically had to hold back from running up to the stands and hugging him. He really was her best friend.

"Val!"

Her head shot back over to the court, upon realizing she got distracted for too long. The ball was on the floor in front of her. Shit.

"My bad!" She yelled back to her teammates before picking up the ball and tossing it over the net to the opposite team's server.

Val briefly looked back at Ranboo before the next serve and could tell he was smirking at her.

And of course, here he was. Distracting her all over again. Exactly how he did the first day they met.

Where'd all the time go?

Dear Diary,

having a best friend has to be one of the best feelings in the world. they're always there for you. to support you, to listen to you... but most importantly, to make you feel loved. and i sure as hell feel loved right now.