11

Dear Diary,

life is like an obstacle course...

"That's good enough, right?" Val questioned, finally typing the last period on her project.

"Yeah, it's good." Ranboo nodded at her, "It'll give you a solid B-"

Val looked up at him, her eyes just barely peeking out from behind the laptop, "Is that supposed to be an insult?"

"A B-? Oh no." He replied sarcastically.

Val smirked before throwing a pillow at him as she was laying at the front of the bed and Ranboo was laying down horizontally at the end of the bed.

"Hey! Not cool!" He shouted, sitting up and fixing his hair from the impact.

Val giggled before the room slowly drifted into silence. Comfortable silence. But Val's mind couldn't help but wander...

"Are you just being friends with me so I don't tell people your secret?" She blurted, causing Ranboo to furrow his eyebrows at her.

"No, no, never." He assured her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." He said softly, "I mean, if I'm being honest, I was at first but you've kinda grown on me Valencia."

"Grown on you?" She questioned with a small laugh.

"I mean, yeah." He shrugged, "You're pretty pog."

"Pog?" Instantly she burst into giggles, "No way you just used pog unironically."

"I did, I did." He laughed, "Never again though."

"Good." Val scoffed at his idiocy.

"Well, I have to stream soon. Do you want to stay and watch or do you want me to take you home?"

"I'll watch." She shrugged nonchalantly. But on the inside, she was screaming. The streams she used to watch led up to her now seeing the behind the scenes of it. The whole thing felt surreal to her.

Without another word, Ranboo began setting up his stream. Val spaced out as she watched him hyper focus on his screen, listening to the clicks of his mouse ever so often.

Val wondered how it felt to be so passionate about something, like how Ranboo was passionate about streaming.

She had never experienced such love towards something. I mean yeah, she had volleyball, but it was mostly just an escape. She didn't love it. In fact, it was stressful. But it wasn't as bad as staying at home with her parents all day.

"Val?"

She shook her head to break her from her trance as Ranboo called her name. Blinking a couple times, she looked at him.

"Hm?" She hummed in response.

"Are you good?" He furrowed his eyebrows at her, almost concerningly, "You were staring."