21

Dear Diary,

i feel like it's everyone's childhood dream to be famous. or to just be known...

Val huffed annoyingly as she walked into the library. It wasn't her first rodeo with detention and definitely wouldn't be her last but that didn't mean it was a good thing.

She was running a few minutes behind so all of her fellow classmates that had to go through this hell were already sat down.

"You're late." The detention monitor, Mr. Hall, remarked as he watched her storm past him and slump in a seat.

"I've noticed." Val replied vaguely, a hint of anger in her tone. She wasn't angry at the teacher, she was just angry in general. Especially with the snarky comments they felt the need to make.

But mostly because she hadn't spoken to Ranboo once today. I mean, except for this morning.

It was an awkward exchange that Val didn't know how to feel about.

And at that point, she couldn't even remember exactly what happened.

"Alright, looks like everyone's here." Mr. Hall announced. And Val was thankful that he broke her from her thoughts before she started overthinking.

"In case you don't know already, the rules for detention are: no phones, no talking, and you are only allowed to work on school work. No drawing or crafts."

"Who the fuck is going to be doing arts and crafts in this bitch?" Val heard a girl mumble from the table next to her.

She tried stifling her laugh then put her hand over her mouth to disguise it as a small sneeze.

"Everyone, come place your phones-" Val watched Mr. Hall pull out a plastic tub, "-in here." He placed it on the desk in front of him. A few kids got up but the rest of them weren't having it.

But Mr. Hall seemed too exhausted to even argue. So he just ignored it. Or better yet, acted like he didn't notice.

Val quickly pulled her school issued laptop out of her backpack and placed it on the desk. She used it as a shield so that it was a little less obvious that she was using her phone.

She started scrolling through Twitter mindlessly. It's what she usually did when she didn't know what to do.

Until suddenly, she came back to reality for a moment to see that she got a text. A text from Ranboo. And it read:

ranboob <3

that setup doesn't look very
discreet, huh?

Her eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out what he meant by that. And why was this the first thing he decided to say to her after the incident.

But soon, Val's gears started turning and- Oh shit.

She slowly scanned around the room, looking for him. And he wasn't hard to find considering he was a fucking giant.

He sat three tables away from her. He was looking at her, a small smirk on his face.

Val glared at him while she held back a smile.