29

TW: abuse, rage

Dear Diary,

action and consequence. two things that go together. one after the other. eve takes the apple, eve faces the consequences...

"Dad?! DAD!" Val shouted, running down the stairs as her heart practically beat through her chest. It had only been thirty minutes. She was about to leave for school. But by the sound of it, all hellfire was loose.

She rushed into the kitchen and the sight that she saw... was not pretty.

Glass. Everywhere. A frightened mother, huddled in the corner. And a drunken dad in the middle of the room, continuing his endless destruction.

Why was he drunk at 7 in the morning? No one had a clue. It was just what he did when he was angry. Sometimes it would calm him down and sometimes it would turn him violent.

This isn't the first time he turned violent. But it had been awhile since the last time.

It would normally happen after him and Val's mom's worst fights. But they went to couples therapy for this reason. And now it was apparent that everything they had worked toward was now destroyed, along with their dishes.

"Dad! Fucking stop!" Val continued to yell at him, her voice shaky. But she was barely heard through the sound of a plate being smashed.

She wanted to intervene. She wanted to stop him. Or at the very least, grab her mother and run as far away as possible. But the glass on the hardwood floor didn't allow that.

"Hey!" Val decided to pick up a nearby shoe and throw it at her father. He seemed to pause for a second before turning around slowly.

Val trembled with fear. But she had to stay strong. She couldn't show her fright. That's just who she was.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" She stared into his eyes. He was clearly not there, "What, you're drunk at 7am? And you're mad at mom? Because she defended me when I was right? What the actual fuck is wrong with you?"

He didn't reply. He just stared at her.

Val's glance went down, realizing the tight grip that was forming around the glass he was holding. Oh shit.

Val slid across the floor on her knees, just in time to get out of the way of the glass that hurled toward her.

She felt warm liquid start to form around her knees from the intense rug burn she got from sliding into the living room. Blood.

"You know what? Fuck this." It didn't take long for her to give up on her father. In the past fights, she tried intervening and it never got anywhere. So why try now?

Val pulled herself up from the floor and stood strong before running up the stairs.

Her parents watched as she came stomping down a few seconds later with her school backpack swung over her shoulder, clothes pouring out of it.

"Honey, where are you going?" Her mom's voice cracked.

"Leaving." Val replied vaguely, "Are you coming?"

She stared at her mother, waiting for a response. But all her mother did was thin her lips.

"Are you coming?" She repeated.

And with tears in her eyes she said, "I can't leave."

Val's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean you can't leave?" She stuttered.

"I can't run away every time. He needs to be gone." Her mother muttered.

"What? No." Val insisted, "We can deal with him when we get back. Lets just go-"

"Go, honey." Her mom interrupted, "You can list 1,000 reasons as to why I should go and I won't. I need to get him out of here. And I can't do that when I'm gone."

Val bit her lip, looking around the room. Until she decided, it was for the best.

She nodded softly before striding towards the front door, never to look back.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Ranboo wearily walked into school, rubbing his eyes from exhaustion.

The music that played through his earbuds consumed his head, leaving no thoughts. But all he could know was, he was anxious to see Val.

Yeah, he wanted to know what happened but, he knew it was bad. And he didn't like seeing her upset.

"Noah!"

Ranboo looked down at his phone, quickly pausing his tunes before looking behind him to see where the voice came from.

He was hoping it was Val but alas, it was only Ava.

"Have you seen Val?" She asked, running up next to him, "She didn't meet me in our usual spot and she hasn't been answering her phone. She's usually here by now."

Ranboo bit his lip worriedly before letting out a stressed huff.

"What?" Ava questioned, noticing his strong body language.

"Nothing." Ranboo quickly replied, not wanting to worry her, "But I gotta go."

And without letting her get in another word, he swerved in front of her and into the boy's bathroom.

He pulled out his phone and began typing. He didn't even notice the group of boys standing outside the stalls, quickly hiding their vapes as they thought he was a teacher.

Ranboo put the phone up to his ear and paced small circles next to the sink as it rang.

And straight to voicemail. Shit.

"Hey, Val. It's me." He cleared his throat, "I'm just wondering where you are. I know it's kinda cliche and all to leave voicemails but that's besides the point. I'm worried that something happened to you after what went down this morning. Please call me back when you can, okay? I... I'm worried about you. Bye."

He slowly took the phone away from his ear, clicking the red, end call button.

"Fuck." He mumbled under his breath before catching a glance of himself in the mirror.

Worry. All he could see was worry.

Dear Diary,

action and consequence. two things that go together. one after the other. eve takes the apple, eve faces the consequences... but oh god, if val could've seen the consequences for this, she wouldn't have left.