18

TW: vomiting, mention of suicide attempt.

Dear Diary,

when you meet new people, it's always nice for them to know your past so they know what they're dealing with. but i don't know if i really want ranboo to know my past...

Val slowly sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes.

She felt confused. Like everything that had happened this morning was a blur.

She looked over to see Ranboo sleeping with his back turned to her. He must've fell asleep after she did.

Val picked up her phone from the nightstand and checked the time. 10:47am. She had been out for about four hours.

Slowly, being careful not to wake Ranboo, she swung her legs over the bed and gripped onto her nightstand to give her support on her journey to stand up.

She was still dizzy. Seemed like naps weren't the answer to everything.

After wobbling a bit, she was able to steady herself before heading out of her room and slowly descending the stairs.

She plopped down on the couch although she wanted to go to the kitchen to get water but she couldn't make it. Her stomach churned as she rested her head on her hands.

And then she realized... oh shit.

Val shot up from the couch and ran back up the stairs to the bathroom with her hand covering her mouth.

She fell to her knees in front of the toilet and let the liquid fall from her mouth. After looking at it, she discovered that it was clear. I guess that she had nothing in her system to throw up.

"Hey, hey, hey!"

Val heard a soft voice running towards her as she continued to heave into the toilet.

She felt a hand start to rub her back and another hand hold back her hair.

Shortly after flushing the toilet, she fell back against the wall next to the toilet to see Ranboo kneeling next to her, a concerned look on his face.

Val wiped the tears falling from her eyes with her sleeve as she stared at the ceiling.

"You okay?" Ranboo asked her with a comforting voice.

Val slight nodded, "Yeah, other than the fact that I just threw up, I'm fine."

"Well, I know that." He shrugged, realizing how stupid his question was. Val smiled slightly as he tried to backtrack.

"Do you want me to get you medicine or something?"

"No, I'm not allowed to have any without my parents watching." She said, her lips thinning as she realized what she said. This was not something she wanted to tell Ranboo.

"Why not?"

But I guess she was gonna have to.

"Overdosed." She replied vaguely, "When I was fifteen."

"Wait, w-what?" He stuttered as his eyebrows furrowed, "Like... on purpose?"