09

Dear Diary,

sometimes i can't tell if my life is more like a sob story or a coming of age movie with a bad ending...

"What?" Val groaned, rolling over in her bed as she put her phone to her ear.

"Rise and shine, idiot." Ranboo's voice rang through her head, "It's project time."

"I literally just woke up, Ranboo." She whined, "It's too early for this."

"Val, it's nearly 1pm." He chuckled.

"Shit." She sprung up in her bed, "I didn't mean to sleep this late."

"You needed it. I could tell you were sleep deprived."

"That's an understatement." She scoffed, standing up from her bed and beginning to pick out an outfit, "Where do you wanna meet?"

"Wellllll..." He began, dragging out the word, "I was thinking. So, since you want to talk to Tubbo, I was thinking you could come to my house and talk to him on my PC."

"No fucking way, you're serious?" She exclaimed, her jaw dropping to the ground in absolute shock.

"Dead serious." He replied, "I'll even pick you up."

"I'm in." She beamed, "See you in 10?"

"See you in 10." He repeated, hanging up the phone.

After hearing the ring of the call disconnecting, Val slammed her phone down on her dresser. She groaned at how chaotic her wake up call was. It would've been nice to been able to sleep for a little longer.

She quickly changed out of her pajamas and slipped on her new clothes. The outfit consisted of black jeans and an oversized dark green t-shirt. Simple but cute.

After a quick examination of herself in the mirror, she hurried out of her room and down the staircase.

"You're up early." Her mom said with sarcasm as she was used to her daughter waking up at later hours.

"Very original." Val huffed, slipping on some shoes as she heard a car pull up in her driveway.

"Where are you going?"

"To work on my project again." Val replied vaguely as she entered the foyer, her mom following closely behind.

"Is it with this boyfriend of yours?" Her mom crossed her arms, leaning against the stairwell.

Val tried her hardest to ignore her mom as she rushed to grab her backpack, "The space between boy and friend is key."

"Are you sure there's nothing going on between you two?"

Other than me keeping his biggest and most crucial secret, no I don't think so.

"No, mom." At this point, Val was annoyed with the banter, "Lay off a bit."

"Hey, I'm just doing what moms do!" Her mom snapped, throwing her hands in the air, "I don't want to become a grandmother at 39."