Cripples, Bastards, and unBroken Things?

Disclaimer: I don't own anything

Cripples, Bastards, and unBroken Things?

A week later

Hera was surrounded by Aurae rushing about her. She had decided to impregnate herself but in her arrogance, she thought that she would only need herself to make a child, she didn't know yet how wrong she was.

The pregnancy of deities was very... flexible. The deities could(if they knew that they were pregnant mind you) manipulate: how long it would take, the gender, and if they wanted to do it the old-fashioned way or just magically pop it out. Hera had decided in her arrogance that she didn't need any extra 'help' conceiving this child, she also decided to only be pregnant for three days, one day for each trimester which was basically the minimum time a deity could be pregnant if they wanted a biological child. Because she could just make a rock into a child and give it life and a little bit of essence and there you had a demigod child.

But Hera wanted the full experience... ish because she thought the full nine months would be stressful and tiresome so she only took three days of pregnancy but she did at least decide that as the goddess of childbirth she should know how it feels like herself so that's what she did.

Though she was starting to regret it after ten hours in labor she was a very stubborn and proud woman so she wouldn't quit(at least not yet). Another couple of hours a baby's voice joined her screams and she sighed in relief at it being done.

But the horrible twisted monster she was presented with made her feel disgusted and ultimately betrayed that this monster dared to make her spend so much energy and time for... that.

She walked out of her palace still in the nightgown she had birthed in with the... child, in her hands. The Aurae who had acted as her nursing maids were following her not daring to ask a question but unable to just leave. When they eventually arrived at the edge of the floating island that was Olympus she promptly punted it in a kick, not unlike that of an American football player three and a half millennia in the future would have been envious of. She turned around without looking any further and silently walked back to her palace.

In an ancient forest stretching along rolling hills which was located in the shadow of a mighty mountain in the fertile region of Pieria in northern Greece, a baby landed hard, breaking multiple bones and it got serious internal bleeding at the impact. The baby looked regular enough with small tufts of hair upon the baby's head and now closed eyes looking like volcanic rock. It was a boy and his only unusual feature was his hunched back/very curved spine.

A man suddenly flashed into the now clearing where the newborn baby had landed. He went up to the child and his hand flashed with godly power which he hovered over the little boy. He gained a deeply disturbed expression on his face when he felt the godly essence covering... his nephew apparently. He picked up the boy and flashed into a big cave directly into Pan's bedroom.

Pan who had already been contacted mentally by Perseus had some Satyrs standing around him with Pan flutes. Perseus laid his nephew on his back upon a bed in the middle of the room. The Satyrs immediately began to play quick short tunes. "So who is he?" Pan asked once they had backed up to the wall to not distract the healers working.

"He's my nephew" Pan raised an eyebrow at the revelation. "He doesn't have a father or at least I can't feel who it is but his mother is definitely Hera. I just don't know why he was lying there in the forest with such horrific injuries" Perseus said deeply troubled. "Could it be that he wasn't supposed to be found? I noticed he already had a crooked back?" Perseus looked as if it was even possible more troubling that anyone could do that to its own flesh and blood.