A Plan Worthy of Athena

Disclaimer: I don't own anything

A Plan Worthy of Athena

Perseus POV

"He will be... well he'll survive at least," My son said wincing a little bit at the less than stellar report but continued nonetheless "He will of course make a full recovery, but he will be in great pain for at least a month or two," Prokopios said gravely while guiding his father down the newly created cave tunnel to his uncle. "He is currently stable though he needs rest so don't make him do anything too strenuous" Prokopios tried strictly but it was a little lackluster.

I had noticed my son's attention and approval seeking behavior towards me and while it was at times amusing to see how he tried to impress me(even though he already had my approval) though, in all seriousness, he needed to be discouraged from that because I couldn't hold his hand throughout his long immortal life and he needed to understand that. But I couldn't worry about that right now because my brother is in critical condition. After all, he went after that storm giant like an idiot.

I absently noted Prokopios backing away from me once we arrived at Zeus's resting place. I silently moved up to the prone body of my brother. Zeus looked like he was one of those dead kings from the south with ichor stained cloth tightly wrapped around his body. His face looked to be healing faster than the rest of his body because he was already gaining bruises all over his face and neck. Zeus's eyes slowly fluttered open looking around before settling on Perseus.

"P-Perseus is that you?" My twin asked slowly. "Yes, brother it's me. Do you remember anything?" I said in a soft voice. Zeus glanced yet again around the 'room' with furrowed eyebrows. "I-I think... but I don't know what's real or just my imagination." Zeus finished while staring at me questioningly. "Well ask me what you remember and I will see if it's true or not" My brother nodded shakily and started "Alright I remember something about a storm giant that was making its way to Mount Olympus..."

I listened as Zeus continued to state what he could remember about the last two to three months. I noticed and pointed out a few discrepancies but he remembered largely what happened which would have been good if he believed his memories were reality. He adamantly stated that my interrogation was a hallucination and that he was losing his mind, which wasn't exactly what I had hoped for but he hadn't at least lost his memories so that was a plus.

Zeus eventually tired himself out and drifted back into sleep letting his body heal under Prokopios' ever-watchful eyes. Prokopios decided that Zeus was healthy enough to be transported back to Crete so with a careful manipulation of their combined powers father and son teleported the unconscious deity back to their current temporary headquarters.

A week later

The more healthy-looking deity sat beside his brother at the head of the stone table silently observing his gathered family members. This time it was Perseus instead of Zeus who took the lead in the meeting with Zeus silently observing from his side. The meeting was held in the original temple of Perseus in the shadow of Mount Ida.

It had been about a week since their attack against Typhon and while Zeus was barely able to get out of his bed at this time, they had already heard rumors of a storm running rampant on the shores of Chalkidiki slowly moving its way southwest and yet again in the direction of Mount Olympus.

This monster wasn't like the other monsters and creatures made by deities because they weren't close to threatening even a minor deity, instead, the storm giant had already managed to defeat one major god with his symbol of power and a following of mortals who gave him strength. So they needed a plan to defeat him and that's what they were currently discussing.