A Thunderous Giant

Disclaimer: I don't own anything

A Thunderous Giant

Two years later

The gigantic freak storm had moved from the arid areas of western Armenia, past the Hittites and around the coast of Thrace approaching the mountain home of the Olympian Gods. The freak storm/storms which were divine intervention had left a trail of leveled villages, towns, and even cities. It didn't help that a series of earthquakes and other natural disasters had followed the ginormous storm. The Olympians had begun to pay attention to it as it arrived at the western coast of Anatolia and they had continuously bombarded it with everything they could spare from their war effort.

The Olympian retaliation hadn't managed to make any other results than the revelation that it wasn't just a very strong storm and was a titanic deity who was a hundred feet tall with storms, winds, and lightning surrounding him like a shroud. The giant had stopped its seemingly unstoppable march for a year-long visit to one of the children of Phorcys and Ceto and according to the scouting party of some clay soldiers, they had been plopping out one monster after the other with them terrorizing the surrounding areas of the Aeolian Countryside managing to win all their skirmishes with even hundreds of Olympian clay warriors.

The monsters were fortunately dispatched by a few lightning bolts and earthen hands of Zeus and Perseus respectively. The unfortunate part about that was the souls of the monsters who managed to form a bond to Tartarus and make themselves immortal which meant that without cursing or locking up every monster these monsters would just come back every time they kicked the bucket.

After his little affair, the giant had continued his journey around what would become the Aegean Sea and he was now only a few days away from the Olympian Headquarters. This predicament had halted the Olympians' gains in their rebellion against the Titans and they were currently discussing their next move.

Perseus POV

I was for once having most of my attention centered on my fellow counselors debating. The storm giant as they had categorized it was probably the biggest challenge yet. Because while the war wasn't smooth sailing by any stretch of the imagination, they were making gains even though it wasn't a very noticeable change to an outside perspective. The mortals had been completely incorporated into the Olympian war automaton, they had been put in as a reliable officer corps for their armies which showed Athena's resourcefulness concerning military matters.

The reason why they couldn't just utilize the clay soldiers as officers were because we hadn't managed to give them anything more than a rudimentary creative imagination which made the few clay officers often be very predictable and while my twin and Hera seemed completely alright with the status quo, my niece had nearly ripped out her hair in frustration at their lack of military knowledge and promptly put mortals into the officer corps.

That mortals were involved in the war wasn't unprecedented because I had already gotten my priests to pick willing mortals to fight for us but to put them in power just under the Olympians with four out of five of the highest-ranking generals and Polemarchos being mortals with the last one being Polemos who was the Spirit of War. Polemos the war spirit had come into our service when he suddenly appeared at the start of our rebellion in full leather armor and a war horn in his hand. He was promptly interrogated quite thoroughly before being promoted to the Polemarchos of their then nonexistent military.

Polemos was quite bummed when he arrived because of the lack of war that he was participating in and called on some spirits of dead warriors from my brother's domain. These five hundred warriors became his retinue/honor guard who was the best of the best(Polemos words) which I could agree with. They weren't the best because they were the greatest warriors but rather their unmatched discipline with their personality which the clay soldiers just couldn't replicate.