The First Interlude

Disclaimer: I don't own anything

The First Interlude

The slumbering deity let her gaze fall from her lover and down onto her domain. The small creatures walking on her were always amusing to look at with their petty disputes that in the end never made a difference whatsoever. Her beloved children were still valiantly ruling over her domain after she and her siblings, nieces, nephews, uncle, and daughter had ruled over it. She let her changing attention fall on her grandchildren, the children of her favorite daughter Rhea, and then their children again. She watched the youngest son of her own son Kronos.

Her grandson was currently sitting at the head of a council. Sitting next to him was her favorite grandson Perseus God of Nature. Her reasons for him being her favorite are his down-to-earth attitude and respect for the Protogenoi as he should. Besides his connection to her domain, she felt quite connected with him. And while she hoped that her children will win in this coming conflict she would be disappointed if her grandchildren were killed and made to fade to her parent's realm.

She felt a presence under her and 'looked' down with her perception. "Hello brother," Gaia said droopily. "I never understood why you insisted on sleep after our reign ended" Came the growling response from underneath. This was the deity's usual tone because Gaia didn't react.

"I let my beloved children have their fun and I didn't want to disturb them, and to be completely honest I was a little bored" She finished in a conspiratorial whisper. The ground under her 'sighed' "Yes I do know, you have been telling me for eons now and it's getting old" She giggled a little at his complaining attitude. "Well when you're so old as us brother, then it's time for a little nap" Tartar-sauce I mean Tartarus sighed again. "You had barely closed your eyes before suddenly two millennia had passed, right?" Her eyes widened in surprise. "How did you know that I would say that?" Tartarus sighed again "Because you tell me the same story every time we talk these days"

"So who or what were you observing this time?" Tartarus asked like he usually would "And please tell me it's not yet another one of those microscopic life forms of yours because I swear—" He didn't even finish the sentence. "No no, this time I was watching those two sons of my Rhea, you know those I rescued some years back?" She said as excitedly as a sleepy voice could sound. "Yes it was the most exciting thing that happened this millennium, of course I remember, every Protogenoi who haven't returned to our parent saw it" Tartarus replied in an annoyed voice.

"Yes yes, so they have now gotten their domains and everything I'm so proud of them, anyway... what was it... ahh yes, so I was watching them in their little council room or whatever they call it and they were planning a rebellion of course against my children and I find it excited how it will turn out" Tartarus grumbled "I'm favoring your grandchildren then, your... Titans stupid name by the way... are so arrogant and my one rule 'new is alw—" She interrupted her brother in a deadpan voice "—always better' yes I do believe you have mentioned it before"

Tartarus growled in a way that would have made any minor deity shit their pants, but only made Gaia metaphorically raise an eyebrow. "That's because it's a really good rule! Anyways we're not having this argument again" The female deity shrugged apathetically and changed the subject "I heard that my grandson tried to attack our nieces the other day" She said before he could once again repeat his 'rule'. Tartarus 'snorted' making an underground volcano emerge in northeastern Sicily. "He knows that we are constants, right? Well, we are as every other deity a variable that can change but I mean that we are immortal and if we died then everyone else would also... you know" He finished grimly. "No, he didn't recognize them so he nearly kicked the bucket as they say"

Tartarus shook his head in disbelief and disappointment but he stated nonetheless "So yes, I will favor these... Olympians? What a stupid name" Tartarus thought in his mind that maybe backing these dimwits wasn't the smartest idea but he had now already said he would so 'no takesies backsies' and besides his pride wouldn't allow it.