V

"He'd better be okay. It's my only word on the matter.", Daryl stated while glaring at the black man sitting across from him.

     "I told you the geeks can't get at him. The only thing that's gonna get through that door is us.", T-Dog assured. [Y/n] looked between the two, the bolt cutters no longer in his hands. The cutters were beside T-Dog now since he didn't want Daryl to snatch them out of [Y/n]'s hands and hit him. Glenn and Rick sat in the front while [Y/n], Daryl, and T-Dog sat in the box part of the truck. Every bump they hit wasn't very pleasing to [Y/n] though.

     "We walk from here.", Glenn interrupted after turning the engine off. Rick opened his door and Daryl shot up and rolled up the back door. T-Dog grabbed the bolt cutters and jumped out the truck after Daryl, the [H/c](-nette) right behind T-Dog with a black backpack on. The boy jogged past the two males previously in front of him until he reaches his brother and walks beside him. Well, then Glenn gave him a small nudge and they all began to jog along the train tracks.

~•¤•~

     The small group didn't stop moving until they reached a fence, which Glenn was now cutting with the bolt cutters. T-Dog pushed the cut fence aside and Rick ducked through, Daryl next, then [Y/n], and then the other two males.

     "Merle first or guns?", Rick broke the silence.

     "Merle! We ain't even having this conversation.", Daryl replied quickly.

     "We are.", Rick snapped emphatically, causing Daryl to go quiet,"You two know the geography. It's your call."

     "Merle's closest.", [Y/n] pointed out.

     "The guns would mean doubling back. Merle first.", Glenn added while they began to jog again.

~•¤•~

     Rick leads the four males into the store they had stayed in while they were in Atlanta, holding his hand up when feet shuffling was heard. Everyone paused while Rick looked back at Daryl, bringing his hand up with his index and middle finger pointing at his eyes and then pointing them at the wandering walker behind the counter. Daryl gripped onto his crossbow and swiftly moved forward, the geek catching sight of the two and also walking towards them.

     "Damn. You are one ugly skank.", Daryl muttered before aiming his crossbow at the geek's head and pulling the trigger, sending an arrow into it's skull. The re-animated woman's body fell to the ground and Daryl quickly pulled his arrow out of the walker's head. [Y/n] walks over to the body and examines it.

     "She's been a geek for a while..", he mutters to himself as he studies the grey-ish skin, dull eyes that had blood covering them now from Daryl's arrow, and her ripped clothes. She was extremely thin and... well, dead.

~•¤•~

     The group continued up the narrow staircase that led up to the rooftop where they would find Merle. T-Dog goes to the front once they reach the metal door and cuts the chain he had explained that held the door closed. Once the chain and padlock hit the cement floor, Daryl aggressively kicked the door open, causing it to slam against the wall behind it.

     "Merle! Merle!", Daryl shouted for his brother, walking along the platform in front of the door. There was no response. Daryl ran down the stairs off the platform with Rick and T-Dog following behind and Glenn right behind those two. [Y/n] stayed back for a moment to make sure there weren't any walkers around the area, soon finding it clear. The [H/c](-nette) walked up next to his brother and saw Merle wasn't sitting on the roof. But there were the handcuffs hanging from the pipe they were attached to... and his hand.