VI

His hand raked against the fence as he ran out of the alleyway, onto the street of Atlanta. Keeping his knees bent and head down to not catch attention from the wandering geeks around him while he quickly made his way down the street. He wasn't particularly running, but he wasn't walking either. More in between a run and a jog, his feet glided. He ducked behind a black car and looked around to see if there were any walkers nearby that could possibly endanger him, then he moved to the next car after seeing it was clear. He kept low behind the pale blue car with luggage tied to the top as a few walkers were right on the other side of it, slowly dragging their feet. He ran when he thought it was clear to move and stumbled over a pile of sandbags to silence his jump over the small fence wall that was about waist height.

~•¤•~

     Daryl held his crossbow up to his chest, waiting behind the dumpster. He heard footsteps from inside the alleyway him and [Y/n] were in, well, he was still there. The steps got closer and closer before he decided to jump out from behind the dark green dumpster and aim his crossbow at whatever was stalking in the alley.

     "Whoa, don't shoot me! What do you want?", the figure in front of Daryl shouted too loud for Daryl's liking. It was a boy, maybe in his late teens. He had a white tank-top on, silver chain wrapped loosely around his neck, and some blue jeans. His hair was buzz-cut and he had a tattoo on the left side of his neck that looked like a weed leaf, he looked like a wannabe gangster.

     "I'm looking for my brother. He's hurt real bad. You seen him?", Daryl responded while taking a step closer to the thin boy.

     "Ayudame!", the boy screamed.

     "Shut up!", Daryl shouted at the boy, threatening him with his crossbow once more,"You're gonna bring the geeks down on us. Answer me."

~•¤•~

     The [H/c](-nette) caught sight of the black duffel bag that held Rick's guns near the tank. He swiftly grabbed the straps of the duffel and started to jog away but stopped... that must be Rick's hat. The male went back quickly and grasped the sheriff's hat off the ground. He glanced up to see a walker in front of him, snarling and growling. [Y/n] turned and ran away from the walker as fast he could, dodging the other ones on the way as he ran along the sidewalk.

~•¤•~

     "Answer me.", Daryl repeated.

     "Ayudame!", the boy screamed again.

     Rick, Glenn, and T-Dog heard the screams from the boy. They looked at eachother and heard the scream again and the three of them run off towards the alleyway.

     "Ayudame!", he screamed again before Daryl smacked him upside the head with the crossbow. The boy fell to the ground with a thud and started screaming nonsense.

     "Shut up. Shut up.", Daryl ordered after he placed his hand firmly over the squirming boy's mouth. Him and Daryl kept struggling on the ground, not noticing the two figures that entered the alley. One of the figures that had tan khakis and a while patterned button-up kicked Daryl in the side, causing him to fall to the ground. The figure with the baseball bat then swung at Daryl, from there the figure's continued their actions. But that was soon stopped when [Y/n] entered the alley to see two grown men beating on Daryl and a younger male laying on the ground. [Y/n] was frozen from shock and the man with the baseball bat noticed him standing there.

     "That's it. That's the bag, Vato.", he shouted and pointed to the duffel [Y/n] held. [Y/n]'s grip tightened and his eyes widened, but it was too late to run. The male with the white button-up was already running at him. [Y/n] panicked and began to run the other way, only to be dragged down.