XIII

[Y/n] was sitting on the floor of the RV between the driver’s seat, where Dale was, and the passenger’s seat, where Glenn was. They had left behind the jeep and truck at their last gas stop, which meant Daryl was on Merle’s motorcycle and [Y/n] and Shane had to switch to the RV. [Y/n] was currently reading a book. He had found it in the back of the RV, it was called Lord of the Flies, a group of boys stranded on an island trying to survive. [Y/n] compared the book’s plot to their situation in the real world, but he’d much rather be stranded on an island, at least then he wouldn’t have to deal with walkers around every corner.

    “Oh jeez.”, Dale’s voice pulled [Y/n] out of his imagination. He looked up and saw Shane hovering over him, looking outside from the windshield. The [H/c] haired male moved to his knees, his head just over the dashboard so he could see the hundreds of cars littering the highway. Most were flipped over or had their doors wide open. Kind of looked like a sea of vehicles.

    Daryl pulled up to the side of the RV and Dale poked his head out of the window a little bit.

    “See a way through?”

    Daryl nodded slightly and tilted his head towards the sea of cars as a hint to follow him. 

    “Uh, maybe we should just go back. There’s an interstate bypass--”

    “We can’t spare the fuel.”, Dale turned down Glenn’s suggestion.

    Dale followed Daryl into the dump of cars, weaving through a path that was oddly just there.   

    Then, after a minute of silence and just driving, a loud noise was made and smoke spilled out of the hood of the RV, causing [Y/n] to jump. Dale parked the vehicle and grunted in annoyance. 

    “I said it. Didn’t I say it?” Dale complained as he stomped out of the RV,”A thousand times. Dead in the water.”

    “Problem, Dale?” Rick asked as him, Lori, Carol, Sophia and Carl walked up to the group that exited the RV. 

    “Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of--”

    Dale cut himself off when Daryl walked up, looking in the trunk of a car. Then Daryl reached in it.

    “Okay, that was dumb.”

    “If you can’t find a radiator hose here…”, Shane said.

    “There’s a whole bunch of stuff we can find.”, Daryl muttered, looking through the trunk of the car.

    “I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start.”, T-Dog mentioned, already making his way to start his mission.

    “Maybe some water.”, Carol listed.

    “Or food.”, Glenn added.

    “This is a graveyard.”, Lori spoke. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked back at her. 

    “I don’t know how I feel about this.”, Lori finished, making [Y/n] roll his eyes. 

    “Come on, y’all, take a look around. Gather what you can.”, Shane ordered. 

    [Y/n] walked in a random direction through the many rows of cars. He stayed cautious everytime he peeped through a window, just in case something popped out and grabbed him. He walked a bit further than the others, still in sight range, and looked inside of a truck. In the passenger's seat was a corpse, rotted to the bone. But there were some tools on the floor and seat of the driver’s side, so [Y/n] decided to open the door. There was a screwdriver, some pliers and a utility knife.