VIII

[Y/n] woke up in a very odd position. He was basically upside down on the cushioned seat in the RV, his head hanging off the edge of the seat and his legs propped up on the back of it. The first thing he saw when he opened his eyes were the legs of the table, then the table itself when he began to pull himself up in a sitting position. A wave of dizziness came over him when he was fully sat up due to the blood that rushed to his head when he was sleeping. He raised his [S/t] hands up to his head and held it, trying to regain his focus. [Y/n] closed his eyes for a solid minute before slowly standing up and walking to the side door of the RV. He realized he still had his clothes from the night before on and his boots and ran his fingers through the strands of his [H/c] hair as he walked down the steps that lead to the outside. First thing he saw after blocking the bright sun out of his eyes was Andrea. She was still sitting beside her sister, looking down at her lifeless body, waiting for her to turn. The boy decided to kneel down beside the blonde, slowly placing a hand on hers and giving it a light squeeze. Andrea took notice and glanced at the [H/c](-nette) slowly, then bringing her attention back to her dead sister laid on the ground. And that's when Lori came over and squatted on the other side of Andrea. [Y/n] looked at Lori, knowing exactly what the woman was going to say, and shook his head with pleading eyes. But Lori ignored him.

     "Andrea.", there was a brief moment of silence and Lori moved so she was sitting on her knees as well,"I'm so sorry. She's gone. You got to let us take her."

     [Y/n] sent a small glare at Lori as she leaned down to Andrea's ear. The boy knew Andrea was hurting and on the first stage of grieving, and Lori wasn't making it any better by trying to take Amy's body away so quickly.

     "We all cared about her and I promise we'll be as gentle as we can.", Lori finished. Andrea didn't respond, so Lori stood up and set her hand on Andrea's shoulder for a second before walking away. Once Lori was out of earshot, [Y/n] looked at Andrea.

     "We won't take her until you're ready. Take your time, but be safe.", he whispered with one last gentle squeeze of her hand and stood up himself. He walked over to where the others were gathered, making sure the walkers on the ground were fully dead and carrying them to the side in a pile to light on fire. Just as Daryl swung a pickaxe to a walker's head and splashed blood everywhere, [Y/n] was walking there, getting his pants splattered with the blood.

     "Aw, c'mon, man.", [Y/n] groaned and kicked his leg out as an attempt to get the rotten blood off his pants. Glenn and Daryl snickered and smiled at the boy's reaction. [Y/n] scrunched his nose and glared at the two,"Assholes."

     Daryl then walked away, still smiling, and Glenn and T-Dog took either sides of the geek's body and carried it away. [Y/n] then walked to where Dale, Shane, Lori, and Carol were, still looking at the rotten blood on his tan colored pants in disgust.

     "Uh oh, someone got dirty.", Dale joked, seeing [Y/n]'s disgusted face.

     "Yeah, haha. Very funny Dale.", [Y/n] responded, crossing his arms over his chest as he stood by Carol. Then Rick walked over, looking over at Andrea.

     "She still won't move?", he asked.

     "She won't even talk to us.", Lori stated,"She's been there all night. What do we do?"

     "I say leave her be. She just lost her sister, guys.", [Y/n] spoke up.

     "Can't just leave Amy like that. We need to deal with it same as the others.", Shane said.

     "I'll tell her how it is.", Rick offered, starting to walk over to Andrea.

     "Rick, leave her alone.", [Y/n] called out in irritation. Rick ignored the boy and kept walking.