IX

[Y/n] stayed with Carol by the campfire, comforting her after the recent situation moments before. Dale came over and sat with them as well just to check up on the two. If a tear left Carol's eye, [Y/n] would wipe it away with his calloused thumb gently. He also kept an eye on Sophia from afar so if she needed anything he was right there, but also to keep her from seeing her mother so hurt and upset. He sat in front of the woman on his knees, hands resting on her thighs. But not too long after the time they spent sitting there, Carol tapped [Y/n]'s hand and pointed behind him. The [H/c](-nette) followed her pointed finger, looking behind him, and so did Dale. His eyes widened a bit, seeing Amy's reanimated body sitting up with Andrea's hair in her fisted hands. Amy... the walker... was trying to get at Andrea, but the older sister kept her at a good distance away. At this point, everyone was watching the situation. Mostly for the fact they wanted to keep Andrea safe.

     [Y/n] kept watching, slowly standing up when Rick and Shane started walking towards the two sisters. Andrea put her forehead against Amy's undead one while pulling her gun out. The [H/c] haired male jogged forward to the two cops, not too close though, with his arm raised, making them halt.

     "I love you.", was the last thing [Y/n] heard before a gunshot earupted his ear drums. His head snapped over to the two blondes on the ground, seeing Andrea still sitting, but Amy's undead body laid lifeless... again. [Y/n] closed his eyes for a brief moment and sighed, standing there for a moment. The boy then walked over to the wood pile and left everyone else to stand near the RV, and grasped his hatchet. He placed an uncut block of wood and swung the hatchet down, breaking it in half.

     And that's how the morning continued for him. Swinging his hatchet, doing laundry, moving water jugs, and doing patrol. Nothing more, nothing less.

~•¤•~

      Daryl backed the blue and white truck up until he reached the hole on the hill Shane and Rick were digging. Once the vehicle came to a complete stop and Daryl put it in park, [Y/n] jumped out, as well as Daryl.

      "I still think it's a mistake not burning these bodies. It's what we said we'd do, right?", Daryl questioned, walking up to the two cops,"Burn 'em all, wasn't that the idea?"

      "At first.", Shane replied. [Y/n] gave the three a glance as the rest of the camp came walking up the hill. He stayed near the tailgate of the truck though.

      "The chinaman gets all emotional, says it's not the right thing to do, we just follow him along?", Daryl continues.

      "Watch your mouth, Dixon.", [Y/n] orders, glaring at the huntsman. All Daryl did was give him a glance.

      "These people need to know who the hell's in charge here, what the rules are.", the huntsman continued.

      "There are no rules.", Rick retorted.

      "Well, that's a problem. We haven't had one minute to hold onto anything of our old selves. We need time to mourn and we need to bury our dead. It's what people do.", Lori agreed.

~•¤•~

      [Y/n] hucked his shovel to the side, the tool landing on the ground with a soft thud. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and huffed. That was the last body, well, beside the one Andrea wanted to bury alone.

      "I can do it! I can do it.", Andrea cried out. The [H/c](-nette) walked over to the rest of the gathered campers. A fair distance away from Andrea, Dale, and the covered body. Andrea rested Amy's head in the hole first, the blood from the bullet wound had soaked through the cloth that covered Amy's body. Dale helped Andrea out of the hole after, balancing her and making sure she was okay. [Y/n] looked around the group, some were crying, some just stared blankly but still upset. He didn't completely understand why some were crying when the camp had only been together for a few months, but he ignored it.