Chapter 24

The next day was the loudest day Remus ever remembered having, everyone was in a hurry. Mrs Weasley and Walburga Black were both screaming in the hallway, Remus saw Fred falling down the stairs which led to Molly cursing both him and George, meanwhile Remus was arguing with Sirius, who wouldn't transform back into his body form, to argue back.

"For merlin's sake, Sirius you CAN'T come with us, it's too risky"

The black dog only wagged its tail and ran away from Remus, Remus rushed after him, only to bop into Hermione, who lost her balance and almost fell down. Crookshanks hissed at Remus, and Hedwig flew off Hermione's shoulder to avoid the fall.

"Sorry, so sorry," Remus said, helping Hermione with her trunk

"it's fine don't worry" she smiled "I must get Hedwig to Harry"

"and I must find Sirius and convince him to stay home"

"he's not coming, is he?"

Remus only sighed in answer "I'll take this downstairs" Remus pointed at the trunk

"Thank you"

"no problem, hurry!" Remus walked downstairs quickly, putting Hermione's trunk next to the others

"Lupin! You're with the twins and this little one" said Mad-Eye

Remus saw Ginny giving Moody an annoyed look for being called 'little one'

"hey mate" Fred waved at Remus

"Why do I always get the trouble makers?" Remus murmured

"good fortune?" George suggested

"I suppose" Remus laughed shortly "seen Sirius, have you?"

"no" Mad-Eye answered, "heard anything from Sturgis?"

"no"

"Oh, for heaven's sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!" Remus heard Mrs Weasley's voice, shouting at the black dog next to Harry, Remus made a move to do the same but he stopped when he saw how the black dog was joyfully barking and jumping around Harry and Harry laughing at his godfather chasing his tails. Remus made a step back, feeling a twist in his stomach.

He tried to be optimistic during the whole journey and believe nothing would happen if Sirius left Grimmauld place for once after weeks. even when Padfoot bounded alongside the window of the train, wagging its tail and chasing the train as it started leaving the platform, with people laughing at him, Remus tried his best to remain calm and not get mad at Sirius afterwards, for he was sure Mad-Eye and Molly would do that just fine.

After the train left, Mad-Eye gave each of them orders to go somewhere else in pairs and go back to the headquarters later. Remus, who was sure he saw Lucius Malfoy smirking in their direction for a second, was eager to follow Sirius and make sure he'd get back safe, until Moody stopped him by putting a hand on his chest, telling him that following the black dog would only cause more assumptions and danger, then he walked away with Sirius before Remus could protest, and with Mr and Mrs Weasley leaving together, he was left with Tonks.

"We could go for a walk and then go to my place, I mean we probably have to wait long anyway, Mad-Eye and Snuffles are the first ones to go back, Molly and Arthur will probably go out for lunch and then go to the headquarters, which leaves us out here long"

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense"

"you look tense, you're worried about him."

"Nah I'm sure he'll get back home safe."

"meant Harry" Tonks smiled

"well yeah, him too, he looked distressed. I wish he could spend more happy times with Si-Snuffles"