Chapter 25

When Remus arrived at Grimmauld place, it was already late at night. Only the lights in the dining room were on. Taking one quiet step after the other, Remus went towards the stairs, not wanting to interrupt Molly and Arthur, since it was probably the two of them again.

"Remus?"

Too late he was already caught though luckily the familiar voice didn't belong to Arthur. Sighing in relief, Remus changed his path to the dining room.

"Sirius? Thank merlin, I wasn't ready for another awkward conversation with Arthur and Molly." Throwing himself at the nearest chair, Remus let his head fall back "I'm exhausted."

"I see you found your way back; I was getting worried" Sirius slurred

Remus's smile was faint due to his tiredness

"glad you got back safe too."

Sirius barked out a laugh

"- and I thought we said no drinking anymore!" with a wave of his wand, Remus caught the whiskey

"Hey! Give it back!" said Sirius childishly

"Nope!"

"Lameass, Lupin"

"Bitchass, Black"

"Whiny, Werewolf"

"Dickhead, Dog" Remus grinned "Are we going to continue this? It's fun"

"Bite me"

"On the full Moon, baby"

"I wish I had something to throw at you"

"Oh, I have something" Remus took a round object out of his pocket, which looked like a marble ball, and threw it at Sirius

Catching it in the air before getting a look at it, Sirius immediately yelled out and let it fall on the ground "OW!"

Remus laughed out loud as Sirius shook his hand madly

"Where, in the name of Merlin's Y-fronts, did you get that?"

"The twins left it in my pocket when they thought I was 'distracted'. Thought they could prank the prankster."

"Ah, it's going to swell." Sirius looked at his right palm that was already red, his eye-brow still pulled together "where, in the seven hells, did THEY take that from? And what in the merlin's pants does it do?"

"I'm not sure if my guess is right, they made that by themselves and we're the first probation. And I don't even know what it is, though, from the look of it, l assume they were trying to fake Cellulitis."

"fake it? Well, the pain is real and the infection is growing fast. Why on earth would you make me touch it."

"hey!! I didn't know what it was and I touched it too." Remus didn't even try hiding his grin "I think you shouldn't have squeezed it"

"Stop laughing, will you? I'm in pain"

"Sorry," Remus's attempt at holding back his laugh only lasted a few seconds before he burst out laughing again "can't help it"

"I hope they knew what they were doing and the pain is temporary." Taking a look at Remus, Sirius stopped frowning, the corner of his lips turned up "first probation huh? You think they left more of these things around?"

"I think it's possible, should we warn everyone?"

"warn them about what? I don't know what you're talking about Moony,"

"there he is!" Remus smiled when he saw the way Padfoot's eyes lit up "I was beginning to think that your age made you grumpy, old man"

Summoning a bandage from one of the drawers and wrapping it around the infected area, Sirius hummed "it's brilliant don't you think? For getting an exemption of writing essays?"