Part 3

Sirius transformed as soon as they were inside. Remus didn't look at him, he took out his wand and cast some protecting spells around the house, in case any of the Aurors or dementors showed up. Sirius coughed, hoping it would make Remus to look at him.

"He's back"

For a moment it was like Sirius had just poured cold water over Remus' head, Remus' face lost all its colour and Sirius regretted saying it so fast without any preparation.

"Harry?" Remus asked worried

"He's fine now.... He was there when it happened"

"God, my...... what? How? Wha--?"

"Relax Remus, he's fine now" Sirius wanted to go and comfort him but he almost fell down, he really couldn't walk anymore so he sat on a sofa near to the door.

"How could Dumbledore let that happen?"

"He's not a god Moony! We knew it was going to happen sooner or later

"How?" Remus asked again

"Wormtail, Voldemort, Barty crouch jr" Sirius closed his eyes "They had planned this the whole year"

"Barty crouch jr? I heard about his father...."

"yeah he killed him"

"but wasn't he supposed to be in Azkaban?"

"turned out I wasn't the only one who escaped"

"But how did he...."

"He took the place as a defence against the dark arts teacher this year.... You really shouldn't have left.... He pretended he was Moody with the little help of polyjuice potion"

"Moody? Alastor Moody?"

"yes the very same"

"He pretended to be mad-eye and no one realized something was wrong?"

"Looks like Barty jr was really an expert in his job... he spent the whole damn year with Harry... oh god Remus!" Sirius sighed

"Don't think about it" Remus closed his eyes and tried to control his emotions "he's fine now as you said... I read about Harry in the prophet, that he was one of the champions in Triwizard tournament... I was actually worried about him the whole year, hoping that I wouldn't see any bad news anywhere and then I read he dealt with a fucking dragon..."

"I KNOW RIGHT?! Isn't that fucking amazing?" Sirius yelled

"Yeah I was really proud," Remus said "after I found out he made it out alive"

"So was I" They both smiled

"Barty jr was the one who put his name in the goblet," Sirius said after a while "just so he would end up in graveyard..."

"Graveyard?"

"yes, they had to go in a maze to find the cup. turned out it was a portkey that brought both Harry and the poor Hufflepuff boy in a graveyard straight to Voldemort .... They didn't need that poor hu..."

"The Cedric Diggory boy?"

"Yeah, you knew him?"

"He was one of my students, yes, and I heard he was one of the champions as well"

"Wormtail killed him"

"oh god" Remus hid his face in his hands

"then he took Harry's blood to resurrect Vol..."

"WE SHOULD'VE KILLED THAT TRAITOR RAT!"

"I know" Sirius bit his bottom lip out of anger, "Harry told me that he actually had to fight him, I couldn't talk with him for long.... God Remus, you had to see him he was so broken and I was so angry that I couldn't be with him or calm him down somehow you know? I'm his fucking godfather and I'm never able to protect him..."